Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hiya-newbie from glasgow

hiya-newbie from glasgow

hi folks,just joined and cant believe the amount of people from Scotland-the sick man of europe!what is it about scotland?the scientist boffins cant figure out why we are so sick when compared to other countries even within the UK.The miserable weather?even considering our culture of boozing,smoking and deep fried everything it still doesnt add up.if compared to an equivalent town in England,same level of deprevation and inequalites,scottish cities still come out worse with regard to ill-health and mortality.anyway, just something ive always wondered about.Ive often thought about immigrating,would my problems be less if i lived in australia?think it would be easier to alleviate my symptoms,just go down the beach.what can you do in Glasgow when its freezing,pouring or generally both,with no money?not alot.but i dont believe it is just my environment,partly that but its the inside of my head thats the problem and i cant leave that behind unfortunately!noticed alot of the scottish gang were up for meeting,although seemed to be alot of talk and not much action!just kidding.if anything on the horizon then give me a shout.keep the faith-if you have any left.

Hi aladinsane

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Re: hiya-newbie from glasgow

Welcome aboard, good to know you x

Hey and welcome

Hiya I walk down Renfield Street late every Friday and Saturday night and then get the train to Ayrshire and lately have started to become more and more depressed and upset by the experience. So many people who are so very, very drunk to the point of not knowing what they are doing (and the chippy outside Central doing a roaring trade, of course) - it's a disaster zone. No wonder people get ill!

But I do think these things get to me more when my mental health isn't at its best. Do you mind me asking if you're having any treatment? I am always glad to escape to the seaside but Glasgow isn't always bad. It isn't always raining and there are some lovely parks which are particularly beautiful at this time of year.

Don't really have any answers but I hope you feel a bit better soon and welcome aboard x

thanx for the welcomes,hi janeC dont mean to diss our green and pleasant land.like i said its not really the environment more to do with my head.part of my problem is i tend to see the negative rather than the positives.im desperatelly trying to avoid seeking treatment.i know for a fact it will be held against me and as im finding it really hard to get a job at the moment all the dicrimination laws dont count for squat.if an employer knows you have mental health issues and bins your application how are you meant to prove it?I did read that you shouldnt be asked about health matters until you have been offered a position but i havent found this to be the case,the application process for the jobs that i apply for usually have some type of health declaration form.Ive had a history of depression/social phobia all my adult life but when i decided to have a change of career i gave up my medication.it wasnt really making me feel better just,well, uncomfortably numb.
    i used to jump down to ayr for an occassional night out,theyre totally mad for it down there!must be the sea air-or else the drink/drugs!

I understand where you are coming from. When I had a medical after starting my old job, the nurse looked at me like dirt when I had to list my lengthy collection of meds (ADs, propranolol, something for IBS etc). She was really unpleasant until it clicked with her that I was married to another employee whose own health condition might bear some relation to my problems.

Yes, I'm sure there is lots of discrimination out there. The catch 22, of course, is if you are not feeling good, that might come across in applications and interviews, too. Hope things work out for you x

Welcome to the site, aladinsane.

Hopefully, you can find some benefit from using this site.

On your point over meets, Ive offered to "co-host" a meet if there is enough momentum towards an event. However, applying common sense, all I need is one fired up Glasweigan (not ploughed by drink) to provide the "local area knowledge" then we can maybe put something formal together.

However, it seems no-one is up for that role at the moment.

Hi and welcome to NMP
    Paige x

Hey and welcome to this wonderful site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information