Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Throwing up blood

Throwing up blood

Hi all,

Here's my thing. After a heavy weekend of drinking, the following day I had a couple of hair of the dogs then ordered a take-away curry. I ate the food and feel a sleep soon after for a few hours. When I woke I went to bed but felt really uncomfortable with the curry sitting in my stomach. So I went to the toilet and forced my self to be sick, gagging quite a few times, then large amounts of food started coming up, then about a hand full of red fresh looking blood came up. I have no abdominal pain or burning etc. Do you think this could have been a result of something tearing in my stomach or throat, or could it be a bleeding ulser? I was worrried so the next day I drank just water and forced myself to be sick and only water came out. My stools are not black or tar like.

Please let me know if this has ever happened to anyone and what it might be.

Re: Throwing up blood

Hi there

Not sure how old you are, but often throwing up small amounts of blood can be related to forcing yourself to be sick, as you might have irritated your throat or stomach. It's proably best to go and have a chat with your GP about it though, just to be on the safe side.

Im 31. I went to the GP this morning. I said I feel nauseas every morning when I wake up. And made myself sick with water again. She said it could be a virus or mild food poisoning.

She didnt seem to be too interested and did offer any test. All she did was press my stomach a bit.

was it def blood or could have been part of the curry? i only ask because i once threw up and thought there was blood in it until i remembered i had eaten a red ice pop!

do not make yourself sick!!! if you need to be sick - your body will do it naturally. you could do yourself some damage otherwise.

sounds like a plain case of over indulgence to me lol and i am sure if left alone - after a few days you will be fine x

I was going to ask the same as Joanna. There are a lot of food colourings and spices that are red in a curry.

i bet it was chicken tandoori or chicken tikka massala?? a handful of blood seems a lot - i reckon it would be colouring too

thanks for the replies.

it was defo blood. please also see my last answer too about this morning.

a bit worried again.

youve only been sick because you made yourself, and only brought up water since it happened? im imagining the nausea each morning is through anxiety. so the blood was a one off... mild food poisoning could fit in with a dodgy curry.

could i just ask do you drink a lot?

yes, i have been lately.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information