Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dentist Today

Dentist Today

I have got a dentist appointment this afternoon, My throat is still killing like mad, What i want to know is can dentists look down your throat with lights or mirrors?
    I'm sure dentists check the throat too as it's still classed as oral just like the mouth is.

I'm still considering going to A&E as i have bad bad throat pain and neck pain with some chest and stomach discomfort and last night i had blood in my stools.

Re: Dentist Today

Just wanted to wish you good luck at the dentist hunni x

Good luck for the dentists you will be fine
    I dont like going to the dentist either that is one thing I am frightened of but it has to be done

Joanx

See what the dentist says, and then just gop down a&e. If ur in that much pain u need to see someone end of. good luck x

**** He who fears something gives it power over him.- Moorish proverb ****

**** You can conquer almost any fear if you will only make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind. - Dale Carnegie ****

If you have blood in your stools and do not have piles or fissures you need to get this checked out by your GP as soon as is practical. This is not a subjective interpretation of an symptom but is an objective presentation and your GP needs to make sure that there is a straightforward explanation for this.
    I was brought here to pay homage
    To the beat surrender

Well at least the Dentist will be able to check you out .I hope you find reassurance Eggy .As for the blood ,your Dr needs to examine you ,going to A&E is a waste of your time and theirs .They will tell you to go see your Dr .He will refer you if he thinks its down to something that needs investigating .Its probably down to piles or a fissure .Get some fybogel it will help by bulking up your stools and soften them .I was waiting for a reply on your other thread ,but I see its been deleted ? Im sure you will keep us informed of your Dentist appointment .Lets hope he can shed some light on your throat pain .Dont forget to tell him you are suffering with anxiety and are currently on Cipralex .All the best Sue x

There's a walk in centre right next to the dental hospital, might pop in there whilst i am around that area.

But does anyone actually know on here if a dentist can see quite a bit of the throat or whether they can actually check the throat?

Why don't you ask the dentist?!

Because i want to know if anyone on here has experienced it at the dentist or has had their throat checked at the dentist.

Eggy - it doesn't matter what other people's dentists have or haven't checked - YOU need to ask YOUR dentist. It's the only way you'll ever know the truth rather that drawing your own conclusions, which you seem to be very good at (but which cannot be relied upon)...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information