Hi - I'm really really anxious and upset and stressed and would be grateful for any advice.

A month ago my leg muscles started twitching. Lasted a few days and then stopped. I am a total stresser about many things and put it down to stress. However, my forefinger has started to lock when I play violin (have recently started playing after a break) and I'm terrified this is "weakness" even though I don't think it is, as I can play fast tunes just fine. Finally, last week, I experienced really odd twitching between thumb and first finger and wet to GP - who said she thought the muscle looked a bit smaller and, with all this combined has referred me to a neurologist.

I said - isn't it just stress? and she said it wasn't that common and proceeded to look up fasciculations on Wikipaedia - so I have no confidence in her at all.

No one in my family can see any differences between my hands (and believe me I've pestered them about it) and I haven't noticed I can't pick things up etc.

Could it just be stress plus a stiff tendon from playing a lot of music too quickly?

So utterly freaked about ALS/MND I can't sleep or eat