Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel when its working?

Question How do you feel when its working?

A few of us have started our journey on Cit recently and are experiencing side effects, I am on day 11 and have heightened anxiety, wake really early, can't get back to sleep and loss of appetite. I know the timescale of it working will be different for everyone but we would love to know how you know its working and what we can expect to feel, would give us some added determination to carry on with it!!

Anthony J. D'Angelo

Re: How do you feel when its working?

Well hun i am thinking the same of you, i feel terrible of a morning up until about 2pm i start to get better.... still get anxious but its no where near as bad as first thing.... i have been on them 4 weeks tomorrow, but i have only just started to get good feelings in the afternoon..... i am goin to the docs on wednesday to see what he says if i need to up the dosage or not or just to hang in there for a few more weeks, im currently on 20mg started taking 10mg for the first 10 days xxx

Hey guys,

I really understand what you're going through and benefited a lot from support from nmp members when I started taking cit in June.

The way I think I knew they were working was when I felt somewhat numbed to things that would normally have caused me worry or anxiety and I could see that I hadn't had any horrid anxiety attacks that I'd had on and off for the last 3 or 4 years. I guess within a couple of months I really knew and it felt a big relief to realise they were working for me.

The side effects did settle too within that time, I just have one or two now, being more knackered than usual being the main one but if that's the sacrifice I have to make to get rid of the pantsy anxiety I don't care one bit!

If I can help in any way guys, ask any time...

Clare X
    Last edited by happycamper; 08-11-10 at 17:56.

You might not notice at first because the changes happen gradually. You may realise after a few days that you are having more "clear" patches without as much anxiety or negative thoughts. You will definitely notice the difference when your medication, therapies and positive thinking start to work. Don't worry about having "blips" (temporary relapses), this is normal and happens to everyone, especially during the early stages of recovery. Once you start feeling a bit better, that is usually the beginning of recovery.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

I havent taken cit for over 2 years but I remember feeling worse for 2 weeks before feeling better. I didn't mind it, I wasn't down yet I wasn't hyper on it, I was in the happy medium, still able to make decisions.

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

Thanks very much for the replies. It really helps! Just can't wait for things to start improving re my anxiety, its been a tough 11 days. x

Anthony J. D'Angelo

Smile Re: How do you feel when its working?

Quote Originally Posted by heavenly View Post
    A few of us have started our journey on Cit recently and are experiencing side effects, I am on day 11 and have heightened anxiety, wake really early, can't get back to sleep and loss of appetite. I know the timescale of it working will be different for everyone but we would love to know how you know its working and what we can expect to feel, would give us some added determination to carry on with it!!
    Take all that stuff about anxiety and no appetite and delete it from the equation. When it starts to work, you'll know. It is a gradual process and the being well and feeling normal almost sneaks up on you. Hang in there, you'll get better soon enough - aim for 8 weeks (if you feel up to it) before making any decisions regarding changing meds or dosage.

Cheers

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichW View Post
    Take all that stuff about anxiety and no appetite and delete it from the equation. When it starts to work, you'll know. It is a gradual process and the being well and feeling normal almost sneaks up on you. Hang in there, you'll get better soon enough - aim for 8 weeks (if you feel up to it) before making any decisions regarding changing meds or dosage.

Cheers

Rich
    Thank you for the info. I hope it doesn't take 8 weeks. This early morning anxiety is really exhausting and I'm only on day 12! I wake so early and my stomach starts churning. It gets better during the day and by early evening, I am so exhausted that luckily I do sleep. Its just this morning anxiety, would give anything for that to tail off!

Anthony J. D'Angelo

It will get better heavenly

Im on day 28 and yesterday was my best day anx wise. Its taking me longer as i started on a very low dose and worked up slowly.

mandie xx

Quote Originally Posted by mandie View Post
    It will get better heavenly

Im on day 28 and yesterday was my best day anx wise. Its taking me longer as i started on a very low dose and worked up slowly.

mandie xx
    Thanks Mandie, side effects probably more intense as I started on 20mg but I hope that means it will work a bit quicker.

Anthony J. D'Angelo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information