Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: opinions on a comment please.

opinions on a comment please.

(someone expressing themselves)
    Last edited by evil monkey; 08-04-12 at 12:29.

Re: opinions on a comment please.

well if your depressed or have anxiety i belive we try and look at more posative things i know i do cuz in my head i get scared it may manifest if thats the right word? so i always try use posative words this thats more of an ocd thing more than anything but a 'normal' person dosent mind saying the weather is shit i asume, dose that make sence to you hope this helped.

I don't think her comment was reflective on you in any way, it is just a random comment that a lot of people say. Heard lots of people say it in the past .

Hope you keep up the positive attitude

Lynnann

I would say that the weather was depressing but not think anything of it to be honest.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi evil monkey,

I think the woman was simply using the word ‘depressing’ as a description of the weather. Her way of agreeing that it is indeed ‘pretty yuck and wet’

Nigel

I say it always have ..It does make me depressed when its dark wet and cold .I dont think it was a reflection on you for a minute .I hate it when youve said it and the reply is "oh I love this time of year " I think "Well arent you the lucky one ." ............ SUE X

Hey Monkey

I think it's to do with us Brits and our obsession with the weather, not a comment aimed at you!

I've said exactly the same thing gawd knows how many times, I guess where the weather is concerned we aren't happy unless we're having a moan about it!

It's just a description that people use. I hear my friends on facebook complain they are depressed because of a film, or people's comments are depressing etc. I think I call weather like this depressing because weather like this week (very windy, constantly raining, very cold) makes me depressed. To be honest I'm one of those 'half-empty' moods and I still saw a sunny day as depressing.

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

thanks, prob just random comment. thanks for replies. its good to be able to ask.
    Last edited by evil monkey; 09-11-10 at 21:43.

The weather here in ausat the moment is like british weather rain,rain and more rain it really depressing,folks say Queensland "Beautiful one day Perfect the next" Wrong.
    Petra x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information