Thread: Tongue issues!

Tongue issues!

Hi,

I suffer with Health Anxiety and I am undergoing CBT therapy (3 weeks in) but, I have this thing with my tongue, every time I swallow it feels as though something is on there, towards the back of my tongue where it tends to get most discoloured, there is nothing there I can see but it feels odd. I'm wondering if I'm tensing it when I swallow it's becoming obsessive and my mind is going crazy and I'm starting to panic BIG TIME!

anyone know if this is anxiety or something I should really be concerned with?

Unhappy Emma :(

Re: Tongue issues!

GREAT no one to help. Now it's dark, I feel really bad!

Emma

some people can't reply as they don't or haven't had tongue issues.

However i have and still do, mine is all anxiety related, have you been the docs to have it checked first?

Hi emmaoz, It sounds like you're tensing up when swallowing. If your mouth feels dry have a drink of water. x

I know, sorry I'm in a panic. I haven't as I'm trying to limit my visits. I have been taking iron tablets which have made my tongue odd, but this kind of 'sticking' to the roof of my mouth is new. Maybe I will go tomorrow. It's worse after I have had something to drink and when I haven't drank in a while, but I do manage to forget about it when occupied, but when I remember I keep swallowing which I'm sure makes it worse.

The more you concentrate on it the worse it will feel and the longer it will stay, pop to docs tomorrow just for peace of mind and then its a case of trying not to think about it.

Easier said than done..........i know

click on this link and read the throat problem part, it may seem familiar to you.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms/

Often a dentist is the best person to look at your tongue as they seem to be a lot more aware of problems in the mouth in general. I get a lot of really big blood blisters on the side of my tongue which give me an awful lot of problems with eating and are also very painful. My GP wasn't very helpful at all and just said they are caused by trauma and not to worry. When I saw my dentist she advised me to get some Arnica homeopathic tablets as she said they are very good for that kind of thing. From what you say about your symptoms it really does sound like anxiety because if this feeling goes away when you are occupied with other things then it really can't be anything else

I have tongue issues. Mine has two really deep dents in it and is kincked on one side. Its also discoloured and goes numb on one side sometimes and twitches. But I don't think what you're describing is anything to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by Alabasterlyn View Post
    Often a dentist is the best person to look at your tongue as they seem to be a lot more aware of problems in the mouth in general. I get a lot of really big blood blisters on the side of my tongue which give me an awful lot of problems with eating and are also very painful. My GP wasn't very helpful at all and just said they are caused by trauma and not to worry. When I saw my dentist she advised me to get some Arnica homeopathic tablets as she said they are very good for that kind of thing. From what you say about your symptoms it really does sound like anxiety because if this feeling goes away when you are occupied with other things then it really can't be anything else
    thank you for this info,i have a blood blister on right side of my tongue ever since i had my bottom eye tooth pulled out,and will not go away,but your reply to this lady gave me a lil glimmer of hope because im worried about it,its been at least 1 year,it will almost go away,but then it turns back into a blood blister,or so it looks like a blood blister,if you think i should go see a dentist,think thats what im going to do,again thank you and to the other lady you responded to,good luck

Thread Information