Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cold, faint and dizzy..

Cold, faint and dizzy..

Not sure if these symptoms are anxiety related, if I am coming down with something or what- so sorry!!

I can't get warm at all at the moment and this has been the case at a really bad level (even with the heating on full for a week or so), I only really notice when I am inside and should be warm, but not sure if I am just fussing needlessly and that is keeping me cold!! I am supposed to put ice on my wrist at least twice a day, but am too cold to do it once atm!!

Also with the feeling faint and dizzy, it does seem to happen when I am out more than when I am at home- but not sure if that's because I am mostly sat down when I am at home?! I am eating relatively sensibly (for me) but that doesn't seem to be having any effect on when etc..

Would be grateful for any opinions really!!

Thanks,

Hannah

"I just wanna live my life sedated, cos I love driving myself away"

It's common to feel more anxious when you're out. I think we all experience mild agoraphobic symptoms from time to time. We're away from our safe cocoon - home. Also we're a little worried subconciously that
    a. We'll have a full blown public attack and
    b. People look at us and think we seem a bit odd, like we LOOK mentally ill or something (but they can't- I'm sure)

Shiv x

Hi Hannah

It has been cold and if you are still at a low body weight you are likely to feel the cold more than most. Before I gained weight I was freezing all the time, even on warm days. But now I am at a normal weight I don't have that problem.

The cold does still affect me if I don't eat properly and those are the times I am likely to still fel the cold. I realise you say you are eating sensibly - but it's the (for you) bit in brackets that suggests it is still not as good as it could be.

I realise it is very difficult with eating disorders and you are unable to acknowledge that your body weight is low. This does have such an impact on being able to maintain body temperature.

Again the dizziness and feeling faint could be if you are not eating enough, or not regularly enough. These are also symptoms of anxiety.

Have you managed to see your doctor yet?

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Thanks for the reassurance, Shiv.

Karen- the "for me" bit was more to indicate that I know my eating isn't "normal" per se, but it is considerably better than it was.

I don't think my body weight is that low... I am just so bloody cold, and am definitely heavier than I was anyway, so not sure it is that.

The fainty feeling seems to happen more on days when I am eating properly than not... (I did a bit of an experiment on that bit), but I don't seem to have gotten anywhere with why. I don't want to go to the doctor and just be told it's anxiety, seems like a waste of a trip.

I haven't tried getting an appointment with the doctor back home again, as I am not back til the 2nd week in April now, and I think you can only book a few weeks or maybe only a week in advance... I also don't know what I am doing or when when I am back... I also don't know if she is back at work yet. I hope so. Though having said that it's all a lot more under control than it was.

Hannah x

Hi Hannah

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I don't think my body weight is that low... I am just so bloody cold, and am definitely heavier than I was anyway, so not sure it is that.
    <div align="right">Originally posted by Hannahlou84 - 17 March 2006 : 15:53:22</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Have you checked, or had your weight checked recently. I know I was able to convinve myself that I was not very underweight and was convinced I was gaining weight, even when at my lowest.

I think it would be a good idea to check your BMI as I remember it was very low last time.

Karen

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Hi Karen,

Yes thank you... I know my current weight and BMI and am not particularly concerned by it.

Thanks,

Hannah x

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I know my current weight and BMI and am not particularly concerned by it.
    <div align="right">Originally posted by Hannahlou84 - 17 March 2006 : 19:34:40</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Hannah, that's not exactly what I meant. Of course, there is no need to tell anyone what it is, but I know what it was before and there was cause for concern.

I realise you need to come to accept this for yourself though, as no one could convince me when I was in the anorexic BMI zone.

Karen

My BMI is not any lower than it was then. So is it really anything to worry about? Or take into the equation?

I want mum right now, she's "know" what was wrong...

Hannah it was low then so yes it is a concern and could be playing a factor in this.

Karen

[Sigh...] So it's a trip to the doctors then... ? Blast- I wanted to put it down to anxiety! I bet the doctor does that anyway!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information