Thread: New here - but need to change

New here - but need to change

I have had panic attacks and anxiety attacks on and off for nearly 10 years but recently (the last 4 months)they have reached all time an almost constant state. I have tried beta blockers and Valium - but the beta blockers were not helpful. I resort to the Valium when I have to. The attacks render me incapable of functioning and exhausted afterwards. The worst one lasted 10 days in total. I am in danger of destroying all my relationships and am bored with the sound of my own voice on the subject. I want to go back to being the fun interesting attractive person I can be. A friend recently told me to go out and do some shopping to take my children into London - when they take hold I can barely get out of bed let alone get on a train. I am sure there is some help out there. ...

Hi Rubyelizabeth

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: New here - but need to change

Hi

Hiya, its nice to meet you. Ive had anxiety and panic for ten years too, and agoraphobia soon followed, although since I joined here a few monthes ago, everyone has really motivated me to get out etc. Youre not alone, I understand, and its so hard with children too.
    Maybe you could consider seeing your gp again, there are other types of meds you could try, and obviously diazepam is not something you can rely upon. I hope you feel better soon, x

Welcome rubyelizabeth, I'm sure you'll find some really useful information on here, as well as lots of support. It is difficult when panic attacks take hold; have you read any Claire Weekes' books? She wrote the original anxiety self help books and they are really good, though the titles are rather old fashioned!!

Thinking of you....

Hello and wleocme xx

to NMP. This is a friendly site with good information and support.

Veronicax

Thank you everyone - although I wouldn't wish this on anyone - it is reassuring not to feel so alone. I have been to GP and am on waiting list for CBT and have first phone consultation on tuesday 7th. Was relatively calm last night woke up with start of attack

Thread Information