Thread: Newbie saying hello

Newbie saying hello

Hello,

I had a subarachnoid haemorrhage back in August this year (2010) and now suffer with a "hopefully temporary" condition called emotional lability.

Finding it quite hard to cope with stress and have a loss of confidence, massive adrenalin surges for no reason at all, lack of sleep, sweaty hands, irritability, the list goes on....

I have today been prescribed Citalopram 20mg, not sure if these will help at all, but I hope so I need to get me back!

This seems like a good place to share experiences, so hello to one and all....

Al

Re: Newbie saying hello

I'm new to the board too and last Friday started taking Citalopram 20mg. this board is brilliant for advice and support. So happy that I found it, my advice with the citalopram is to keep an open mind and talk about worries surronding the meds as talking is the best therapy the meds just make things bearable.

You sound like you been thru alot, I work in the medical sector SAH is a huge thing and it must of been hard dealing with these new feelings and issues.

Your in the right place AL! X

Hi Mr Pants

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

hi and to nmp

Hi Mr Pants, welcome aboard. I was a neuro nurse, I recognise youve been through a really hard time. Good luck with the cit, first couple of weeks arent that great, but afterwards, they really make such a difference to a lot of people. Nice to know you x

Hello Al . Sorry you've been through that. My husband suffers from emotional lability (caused by MS in his case) and cit definitely helps him. Hope you benefit from it too.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

I was sort of in two minds to register as you can read so many horror stories on the web it makes things worse, but I am glad I am on here now.

Its amazing how your life can go from totally normal to being turned on its head in a matter of minutes...

Well I took my first CIT 20mg yesterday and felt a bit giddy, I seem ok this morning though. I have read a lot of places saying the first couple of weeks are not nice, what happens? What should I expect?

Al

Don't worry about the side effects of Cit , they won't last long and theyr not that bad . I felt a bit sick , loss of appetite , dizziness. Lasted a few weeks then i gradually began to feel better .
    Welcome to NMP

Paige x

Hows it going mr pants?

Thread Information