Thread: Panic attack???

Panic attack???

Yesterday I had a bad day, very tearful,lack of energy and the constant nausea

Got home had tea, did some housework, relaxed in the bath. Got into bed and had a gud sleep intil I woke this morning at 2am, I woke suddenly from a bad dream and felt out of breath and was panicky. I went into the bathroom as didn't want to wake my bf and just cried. My heart was racy and all these thoughts were buzzing in my head.

I've never experienced a panic attack so i'm not sure if that was one or not?

I managed to get back to sleep and slept soundly intil 7ish, but still feel shattered as if my mind is big fuzzy mess xxxxxxxx

Re: Panic attack???

Could be caused by the meds, if yiu never had one before, i was on Cit. Before , woke up didnt feel right , racing thoughts etc took me ages to calm dowm but i knew itcwas the meds because i never felt so weird n out of it before . Best let your doc know , also how long have you been on the tablets? I got side effects on the secound day.

I've been on them 6 days now. It just rele freaked me out

I'm waking up very anxious. Just started citalopram and have valium as a support. This is my first week on meds after crisis on Monday.

I find I take a 2mg valium on waking and sleep for another hour and then get up and I'm ok (ish).

Also taking Zopolone (sp?) for sleeping. gatting about 6-7 ours.

Glad i'm not on my own as unfortunate as it is for us. Feeling very anxious today and finding it hard to hold back tears.

Can't wait for the weekend to begin, so I can be at home and hopefully relax xxxx

I am on day 21 now of citalopram. Three days at 10mg, three days at 20 mg and three at 30 mg then up to 40mg which was the dose I had used previously when I was on it. I am now starting to feel better and hoping it will keep building. Those first days were pretty rough though but keep hanging in there and it will begin to work. Each day seems to be getting a little better and the anxiety is reducing slowly. I know it worked well in the past for me and I am just focusing on that. ( I was on Cymbalta for the last year and a half but it made me really tired so I tapered off of it) I tried going without antidepressants but did not do well (as soon as I got on a low dose the symptoms all returned) and have not in the past when I have tried. I have been on a/d for 21 years now.
    Sorry about the rambling here. I just want to say hang in there and it will start to work and you will feel better. Take care and I wish you all the best.
    Elaine

Thread Information