Thread: is it time to stop taking cipralex?

is it time to stop taking cipralex?

hi every one, iv been on cipralex for 3 months now, for anxiety, i m eating sleeping well etc, and do not have scary toughts any more, sometimes i feel down, feeling life is boring, than i start to think positive, and sometimes i feel better. than there are those days when i get the fear of hurting myself, the usual tought 'what if i loose my mind and commit suicide' i never try to stick to this tought because i know i won t do it. my doctor told me 6 months is the best to take cipralex. i don t know because one of the side effects of these ad is anxiety. im 36 btw, taking 10mg a day. at he moment i am sick (fever sore troat etc) and the feeling is very unusual, i mean, i ve never been sick, while i am suffering with anxiety. anyway, reading other people s probs makes me feel i am not alone.

0 btw, the thought of taking meds also makes me feel more anxious...i dont know if anyone feels the same

thanks for reading

david
    Last edited by dabrucru; 04-12-10 at 08:38.

Re: is it time to stop taking cipralex?

Hi david i was on citalopram for 4 months 20mgs a day which i think is similar too cipralex. they helped me alot at first but i always fealt i wasant myself on them. somebody could of told me id got an hour too live and i think id of just blanked it out and smiled which is what there for i suppose. but id got that much bad stuff going on in my life apart from anxiety and depression i knew i had too try and deal with it naturally. comeing off was hard each time the dose dropped the anxiety got worse and reality came back a little each time.im now completely off them for 2 months and feel ok just a bit depressed. youve got too do whats right for you with these tablets if there helping like you say stick with it. but if your determind too get off them please see your doctor first dont try cold turkey like i once did its not good. just think about wether your ready too face things at the moment before you come off them hope this helps

Smile Re: is it time to stop taking cipralex?

Hi again dave forgot too say your not on your own with your fears. i had the same as you fear of medication and also fear of suicide and hurting myself or others there very common and its just anxiety.

Hi david, anxiety is usually a start up side effect of srri antidepressents like cipralex, just while out body gets used to them. It is not a long term side effect, as they are used to treat anxiety etc. I often feel that when I'm physically ill I feel more anxious. It sounds like you are having intrusive thoughts about harming yourself, which i have had before, and cipralex greatly helped me with those. As i said before, i really saw the benefits when i went up to 20mg. x

David you dont sound as if your dose is strong enough .Like Ems I think you need to try 20mg before you give up on them . all the Best sue x

Thread Information