Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I.B.S or I.B.D (Crohns/Ulcerative Collitis)

I.B.S or I.B.D (Crohns/Ulcerative Collitis)

FAO people with Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Inflammatory Bowel Disease's such as Crohn's Disease & Ulcerative Collitis.

Which one do you think i could have? My Digestive problems are:-

*Abdominal Pain (Central abdominal pain, sometimes upper & lower.), Lower back pain, Pains in the sides.

*Diarrhoea
    *Constipation
    *Blood in the stools occasionally
    *Bad bloating
    *Breathing feels affected.

Thank you.

Re: I.B.S or I.B.D (Crohns/Ulcerative Collitis)

Hi Eggy

I have IBS and suffer with all of the above. I have had this for 16 years now, sometimes I can go for months without a symptom and then i'll get them all back again.

I used to worry as I would break out in a cold sweat when I got the cramps and would almost be sick - its a pain that not much more is known about it really

Hope you are ok.

L.x

eggy hi, me to, all the same,but i have pain in hips and groin as well but i have had piles for 20 yrs ,ibs for 4yrs and ha for 6yrs, i go a few wks i am ok then bang my ha starts it off, my nethew has crohns found it in his blood he can/t eat sweetcorn or some veg but other wise he/s ok, my ibs is now a lot better because my ha is coming down, been bloated this wk a lot ,so cutting down on the bread i hope this helps,every body is diffrent i have put on 3 stone with it there was a article i read on the web it was called the real cause of ibs, and they put it down to parasites, so i am doing a anty parasite, with herbs, this may help me , hope you feel better atb steve ps its not very nice i know, but we have to live with it ,take care
    Last edited by steven67; 06-12-10 at 21:00.

Thanks for the replies, My GP could have diagnosed me with I.B.S along time ago if i have it so i don't understand why they are trying to make other people do their dirty work?

Eggy you already have a post on IBS...........

Quote Originally Posted by Eggy View Post
    Thanks for the replies, My GP could have diagnosed me with I.B.S along time ago if i have it so i don't understand why they are trying to make other people do their dirty work?
    IBS can only be diagnosed by ruling out other conditions first - that's why you're being sent to see a consultant. You keep being negative about your GP, but you have so many wide-ranging symptoms, I'm sure any doctor would be confused. You're also being sent to an ENT consultant, so you should be pleased your doctor is being thorough.

Quote Originally Posted by i love tea View Post
    IBS can only be diagnosed by ruling out other conditions first - that's why you're being sent to see a consultant. You keep being negative about your GP, but you have so many wide-ranging symptoms, I'm sure any doctor would be confused. You're also being sent to an ENT consultant, so you should be pleased your doctor is being thorough.
    I couldn't agree more.....

I was diagnosed with IBS by my GP 10 years ago, just by her pressing on my colon which she could feel was spasming, and from my other symptoms which predominantly was long running left side pain over that area of my colon, though I have to say, NOTHING was ruled out for me, it was a straight diagnosis there and then.

I should have been so lucky to see a consultant!!!!!!

I have all those symptoms with my ibs, thats not to say they are not symptoms of other conditions. Only your doctor can tell you the answer.

From what i remember of some of your previous posts, you dont always go into your doctor telling them all your symptoms and then you wonder why the doctor cannot diagnose you etc

My Dr told me that crohns and ulcerative colitis would give you abnormal blood results for inflammation together with bloody diarrhea - that why they need to do a scope if you have these results to find out which one it is.

I have Crohn's and it was diagnosed with a sigmoidoscopy and a biopsy. I did not have abnormal blood tests though I did have bad bleeding piles and had constant diarrhea.

I do have IBS as well.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information