Thread: How does anxiety affect you day-to-day

How does anxiety affect you day-to-day

So sick of myself - frightened of meds so try to muddle through. Had CBT a few months ago which helped a bit and I started to do a little more, but more stresses came along (which I know is life, but it's so hard when you feel like this) and I'm back to square one. My partner has to stay at a job he hates because then he's around quite a bit of the day and works very near. I won't go out on my own, don't like being in alone when he's not around, won't travel more than a few miles with him or anyone or I start to crumble - basically feel like a prisoner in my own head. Have ordered another book online, evolving self confidence - hoping something clicks when I read it. Just wondered how everyone else's life is affected by this horrendous complaint

Re: How does anxiety affect you day-to-day

hi, i know how you feel, today was one of my badest days ever, very anxious to the point of crying, i ve been on 10 mg cipralex for 3 months now, they are working fine, but sometimes there are those days....i do a lot of cycling, and practice meditation, it helped me a lot. i also feel very encoraged by just reading the posts here, at least i m not alone

love

david

Hi Bagey, hope the book helps. Underline anything that gives you the "eureka!" moment, then you can refer to those parts again and again. I hope you feel better soon x

Its hard, some days are ok, some days are not. I am 5 weeks into taking Citalopram, its been tough and I still get low moods and anxiety at times but my counsellor said there will be peaks and troughs when you are on the road to recovery. Its important to focus on the things that you make you feel ok and focus on the positive days and tell yourself you will get good days again.

Anthony J. D'Angelo

Thank you all ...... wish I was brave enough to try anti depressants but had a bad experience with just one citalopram and it put the fear there! I'm sure we'll all work out our own way of coping in the end and I wish you all the very best of luck for complete recovery xxx

i was afarid of ad s too, i just could nt accept it, but than i couldnt take no more, wasn t eating or sleeping...meds helped me a lot, i wish i could have coped with out them but...

god luck

david

Hey, ive been experiencing severe anxiety for just about 4 months now, it affects me every day, my axniety stems form fear of death and pain, i am set off by any for of contact to my head, fearing brain damge or injury ect. the smell of aerosols and the sight of chemicals also sets me off. ive becoem alot quieter and shut in, i dont eat, talk, go out or socialize as much anymore, i tend to just stay in with my girlfriend whens shes not at work.

Im on Propranolol for my anxiety which to be fair does help alot, i also meditate at night and when im alone. The biggest help has been my Grilfriend, shes help me so much and has be so understanding and tolerant.

i wish you the best of luck with your situation.

all the best. Mork.

Thread Information