Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi joining the crew!

Hi joining the crew!

Hi everyone my names Hayley 24 mum of 1 from the uk, been suffering with anxiety/panic for around 7 mths now, mainly shortness of breath which hassles me constantly, jus looking for others like myself that know how it feels so i dont feel like the only one. Been tested for asthma now waiting on chest x ray results, so we shall see, i go thru phases where i accept my problem as purly anxiety related until i get the odd chest pain which tends to get my mind thinking its something else.
    Been on citalopram which was awful for 5 mths didnt like how it made me feel at all so i came off them, i feel the answers not in the medication its something u need to do yourself, hoping to join the gym soon so that should help hope everyone finds a lil peace of mind here in the forum and u all feel better soon! H.

Hi Hayley,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

hi hayley,
    i have just joined as well. im sarah, 21. i also suffer from panic attacts. i have been on citalopram 20mg for 3months. why did you stop taking them hun? to begin with i felt worse then ever, with headaches,it was a differculty to get out of bed for work as i was so tired. this clears hunny.

i gave it two weeks and said if it does clear then these are not the tablets for me, but did. i started to chill out a lot more and not think about things so much.

i find my attacts come on because of stress, i have stopped dead turkey 4 3days. i feel bad already so taking them again tonight.

the only advice i can give you if you honeslty dont want to go back on them is learn to control them. i find i cant swallow that is the first thing i get when they come on. i remove myself from were ever i am walk around and tell myself to stop being so silly. try that hun.

biggest thing to remember is panic attacts cannot hurt you, you cannot die from one.
    luv sarah xx

s.walters

Hi hun!

I'm lizzie 24, just started today on citalopram( 10mg) and just stared on this site, so its all new to me too. Its taken me ages to actualy say yes to the doctor, for me to take citalopram. I thought drugs were'nt the answer. But my panic attacks were stopping me enjoy life and I just need to manage my last year in uni. Plus I am going to see a pschiatrist in few months.

The BREATHERS (as I like to call them) are not fun (when your short of breath. I recently got that in ASDA, I felt like a right knob head! But you know what I bet theres loads of people that are just the same.

If your not going to try medication from your doctor. That Bachs herbal remedy that you spray on your tongue might help and deep breaths. Try yoga aswell. Yoga helps balance the mind. (Just got a book on it, too scared to go on my own! but hopefully once the tablets kick in I will!)

Anyways hope to speak soon, all the best x

Lizzie xx

Hi Hayley,

Welcome to the site I hope you find some help here, which I’m sure you will. It’s good to see you have taken some positive steps by coming here and speaking to your doctor. I also admire your strength for coming of your meds well done and I hope everything settles down and you can start to enjoy your life with your little one.

Robert

Hi Hayley

Just wanted to welcome you aboard and hope you get some great support on here. Feel free to ask any questions you want to.

Nicola

Hi

Welcome to the site. I'm pretty new here too and I've found it really helpful.

Shiv x

hi hayley
    welcome to this site
    take care denisexx

denise

Hi Hayley

Welcome to the forum.

You might find the following information helpful:

First Steps

Symptoms

Health Anxiety

Links post: Links to posts about Common Problems

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Hi Hayley

Welcome to the forum.

You will find lots of help & support here.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
    In & Out Of Your Life
    But Only True Friends
    Will Leave Footprints
    In Your Heart

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information