Thread: Symptoms without anxiety?

Question Symptoms without anxiety?

I have suffered from anx on and off for many years but mostly good times.

Last night I was out with friends having a great time. As I got up to leave the restaurant I felt weird and a bit spacey but not anxious in my 'up front mind', although I did put it down to anxiety. That didn't then stop me panicking a bit just in case I was wrong.

By the time I got outside I felt like I was going to lose consciousness so my GF drove me home.

On the way I started shivering hard on/off, my throat and tongue went numb, my teeth felt tight and I had a sensation that my head was being slightly squashed all over, jaw, temple, eye sockets etc.

After getting in it all started to subside and I went to bed. 4 hours later I was woken up by feelings of unreality, I sat up on the sofa trying to work out how I felt, all I can say is that I felt really removed from myself and very weird like my mind wasn't working properly and that I had to 'think' to be able to think. Hard to explain but was really horrible.

Anyway, today I have been up getting on with things but still having these sensations come and go every now and then. Anyone had something similar.

Thanks to all in advance.

Re: Symptoms without anxiety?

Yep, I can relate to that - all of it.

The wave sensation freaks me completely and that feeling is what stops me from becoming panic free... Dreading the dread of it happening again.

Become strong and tell yourself it is just a symptom of anxiety and it wont do you any real long term harm.

I do sympathise and can totally see how it makes you feel.

As long as these sensations only come and go and you take a hold of them, YOU WILL BEAT IT.

I have had this sensation too. It feels like you're losing your mind. I sometimes feel that I can't speak or sometimes move. But then I can always do it, but i feel like I've forgotten the words and my legs and arms feel heavy. I hope it's all anxiety

I've suffered from this as well. I'm feeling totally calm, but I feel my hands getting tingly...my throat tightens...I feel like I'm seconds from blacking out. Strangely enough, I'm not panicking at all.

If you can continue to not panic you will get through it just fine. It's just a wave of symptoms, withstand and persevere.

Thread Information