Thread: still a bit stuck

still a bit stuck

The days just seem to roll into one another.. with no change. Struggle to get out of bed. Only time of the day when I relax is when I fall asleep at night. Has been going on for so long. Feel isolated but don’t want to see people. My wife and I have just bought a small flat. terrified we might not be able to afford it anyway even if we can’t it beats lining someone elses pocket.

So fearful.. things go out of proportion.. I know it’s just the dep and anx running.. just symptoms.. that’s all. So many thoughts images memories flash into my mind..that’s just symptoms too. Cut off from my body for so long,that’s the meds and the symptoms. Long to be free from this grip

I don’t really know what I want to say..feel a bit stuck.. like being trapped in glue. Thinking that maybe I “don’t want” to let go of the dep and anx. That’s how I have responded to circumstances.. maybe it’s kept me alive but those responses are of no use to me any more. But how to get beyond them… Was reading yesterday about Human Givens http://www.humangivens.com/ made contact with one of the therapist by email.. no reply yet. Probably won’t be able to afford anything like that anyway. Anyone here ever have any contact with this technique??

Not really engaging with life around me,,, not eating as much as I used to. Normally enjoy cooking.. can’t be bothered lately, hate going to shops, even making up shopping list is tiresome and tedious…” what’s the point?”

please encourage me to respond and get involved more here. thanks

Hi dela

Know how you are feeling. Life looks pretty crap when suffering from A & D. I know only too well. I think what is important though is that it is our preception of life and the world that are altered when we feel like this - it is not actually your life or the world that is wrong. That has stayed the same - it is just the lense through which we are looking that has changed.

T too get so sick and tired of feeling how I do. See previous post. But without sounding like a therapist - try to find something that you like doing - even if it gives you only 1 minute of relief. In my case that usually involves shopping of some sort even if I am only shopping for a can of paint or a hair brush!! ( Supposed to be funny - but tis true).

Try also to stop thinking about how you are feeling - as thinking when you feel this way only adds to your problems. I am sounding like a therapist - sorry - I know only too well how difficult this is when you are having a bad time.

Regards
    Jo

thanks for replying

and you don't sound like a therapist. thanks for your encouragement

Dela

I know someone who has had Human Givens and she said she will reply to this post for you.

Nicola

Thanks for your replies.

Hi,

My doctor recommended Human Givens to me as I had tried counselling and CBT to no avail. She said she had referred lots of her patients who had no success with CBT or counselling and they really got on well with Human Givens. They have a 95% success rate. An hour session with the lady I saw was £45 hour and half £65. After two consultantions of 1 hr & 1/2 each they use a rewind technique on you which takes you through situations which trigger your panick attacks and you watch yourself watching yourself on a TV screen experiencing the attack or trauma and then you rewind the situation as fast as you can.

There is a lot more to it and it has helped lots of people, it's worth trying or at least checking out the web site and having an intial chat with a therapist to see if it's for you.

I have tried it three times first time it worked for a week and was like a miracle cure, I couldn't believe it, but then I had a very bad panick attack in a shop with a huge queue and they came back. The second time it didn't work at all but the third time my therapist did Free of charge because she really wants to help and can't understand why it has worked for all her other clients and not me.

Obviously I can't guarantee if it will work for you BUT you can't knock their commitment when she offered to do it free of charge to try and help. I had it done on Tuesday and Tues and ednes were amazing completely PA free and felt wonderful then yesterday I felt on edge all day and had a couple of attacks, time will tell.

Hope this helps and If you do go for it then I hope you're in the 95% it works for.

Good luck.

Hi Dela

How are things going hun?

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

still a bit shakey..

Thanks for all the replies.

Thread Information