Hi all,

I am going on my 4th visit to my doctor. We are doing hypnotherapy, he says CBT we have yet to do that, and desensitizing. Last Tuesday he showed his true colors (which I knew would happen).

My husband came into the office with me wanting to talk to the doctor about my situation (severe fear of flying, general anxiety) he asked him if he would support us if we had to find a way to stay where we are at, the doctor looked at him and said "we are not helping her by doing this...blah blah blah crap". The whole point in my husband asking for his help was to cover his A**. We were told by HIM to come up with other solutions if I was not able to fly off the Island, well, we presented him with one and he shot it down.

After my husband left the room he looked at me and said "I understand you guys want to stay here Tina, but come on"...I fired back and said "I DON'T want to stay here I just might have no choice...it's called a freakin' PHOBIA remember?". I was so hurt, I can't believe he thought that I was full of it. He's the professional. He's the head of the Psychology Dept.

The first week I saw him he ended up telling us about this program that would recognize your problem and that my husband's job (Air Force) would be sympathetic and possibly station us right here in Hawaii again due to my phobia. Well, Tuesday he said "let me tell you they have NEVER heard of a problem like this, I doubt you're going to be able to get approved for this program". I thought to myself well, "you're my doctor it is your responsibility as a medical professional to educate them on my "problem".

I knew this would happen though. I knew I would find the doctor that got annoyed with me. He gets annoyed when I talk about things and cry....Real nice, huh?

He also tries to put his wife's fear of flying in the same ballpark as mine. Although, she gets on an airplane orders a drink and is fine. That's like apples and oranges, I DON'T even get on the plane. Find me someone like that and then maybe I can relate.

I'm sorry for the rant, it's just I feel as though i'm failing, the doctors are failing, and that hope is not there. I WANT to get better, I tell my doctor that every visit!!

Where did the sympathetic, hardworking, willing to put themselves on the line for their patients doctors go?!

Tina