Thread: citalopram - prozac

citalopram - prozac

hi,well,in short,i tried cialopram last week,and boy oh boy!! - within two hours,my vision went blurred,colours were super vivid,i had the runs,sick,sweating,shivering,super panicking,flu like symptoms,etc!! i spent two days in bed recovering,and my doc gave me some diazepam to calm me down,and has given me some prozac to take instead ......the thing is,im now too scared to take them,i dont think i could handle side effects like that again, i told my friend i would try it alone,no drugs,he advised me against it,as a friend did the same thing a couple of years ago,and sadly took his own life.i really dont know what to do,im hoping you good folks will advise me well,as i feel like im stood in the middle of mars.

Re: citalopram - prozac

i had very similar symptoms when i tried Sertraline , sick,diarrhea etc etc. I stopped taking them and am now on Prozac, yes there are side effects for a couple of weeks but nothing major and nothing to the extent of Sertraline, I guess certain meds are suited to certain people-good luck. x

Re: citalopram - prozac

i was on cits for a good eight weeks although i did not have any side affects unfortunately they did not work for me.
    i am now on fluoxetine (a kind of prozac i believe) and i must say...no side affects and it has helped me no end.
    all i can say my friend is, you must do what you are comfortable with, but, if you dont try then you will never know xxxxxx
    i was worried about trying a combination of drugs but i have never looked back.
    let me know how you get on xxxxx

Thread Information