Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PLEASE HELP has anyone felt this BAD and survived?

Re: PLEASE HELP has anyone felt this BAD and survived?

thanks guys for all the lovely replies. think the prozac may be starting to do something but have been on valium for 3 days so not sure what the improvement is exactly down to xx

Hi I honestly cant say I am as bad as that 'yet'. I have not been to the doctors im 20 yrs old and have only recently (3 or 4 months) suffered from anxiety, it came from nowhere. All I can say in relation to your story is that I get worried when I am in the house alone sometimes, cry for no reason, suffer from brain fog that really gets me down. I also sometimes have to have the phone beside me when i try to sleep incase something happens to me and i dunno why, and all these other random sensations make me think im going crazy :( Hang in there, be strong and you will get through it. You already have proven you are strong coping now! Good luck xxxx

Oh yes, I know these feelings. It's the pits and I would not wish it on anyone. I'm on Seroquel (to help sleep) and Propranolol. AD's send me up the wall to the point where I can't function.

My darkest moments always revolve around subjects such as death, dying, making myself die through stress, sudden death from panic, nocebo and anything to do with the negative power of the mind over the body.

The only things that have helped me in the long run is to wrench myself away from my own thoughts and force myself to think something else, or, flood my brain with information on my worst fears until it just doesn't have any more effect. Two years down the line and I'm still here thinking the same old rubbish but it has gradually gone in the right direction.

When it's black, it's so hard to remember that it didn't always feel like this.

Joanna - I just found this board and could have written this post myself. I heve recently had a relapse getting of of Celexa. I thought Celexa wasn't doing much but it must have been because I am so much worse now. I have constant GAD and panic and horrible depression. I panic thinking I will never stop panicking! I have been miserable for three months because I re-tried Zoloft for 7 weeks and it made me worse! I know this post is a bit old but how are you today? Has the Prozac worked? Just wondering why the doctor put you on Prozac rather than going back on Celexa (citalopram)?

Hi Joanna
    Yes I too have been in one big hell hole.I lost 2 son's in Iran and a lot of family members,I went into shock and was laden up in my bed for many months,my hubby who is a Psych,could not even help me,I ended up in hospital and stayed there for quite some time,as all I wanted to do was die.I was having terrible thoughts about doing myself in,but realised that i had 2 other children that needed their mum,so slowly I began the long road back to sanity.My family moved to Australia and it was here that I got the proper treatment for PTS,and Anxiety and all that goes with it,I now try not to take any meds I just do breathing exercises and visualistion.I also do yoga.I still have the odd day where i feel bad,but really have more good days now.You hang in there Joanna.
    Love Petra xxx

thanks guys for your replies - very emotional reading and have to say petra - that your post made me very emotional - you are one inspirational lady! my gp suggested i go back on citalopram but i refused to (developed a fear of medication after a bad reaction to a stomach drug and was terrified any medication would do the same). For some reason i was not as scared to take prozac (have had it once in the past) and thought it may be better for my acid reflux as it is in a shell rather than being a chalky type tablet.

i am 4 weeks and 4 days into prozac - it took 3 weeks and 3 days before i even noticed feeling a little more stable (even though my family said they could see improvements) but i am still having some very black days where i have to take a diazapam. i am taking hope from people saying that it is a slower acting ssri because in the past - medication has lifted me out of anxiety/depression within 3 weeks at the most although i have to say i think that this is the worst i have ever been so perhaps i am hoping for too much too soon x

Hi Joanna,

Glad to hear you are starting to feel some benefit from the meds and slowly getting there. I was in the same situation as you just over a year ago and never thought I would come through....you always seem to feel like that and cannot be convinced that you can ever feel any different!! Truely awful!! And only those of us who have suffered really know how it feels.

I wish you more better days ahead....you have come a long way...keep going.

Take care of you.

Jo.xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information