Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: time of the month for us girls

Re: time of the month for us girls

iv just started to take evening primrose oil so hopefully this will help around that time iv been told its good and my aunt said it has helpd with her anxiety alot so hopefully it will work x

Quote Originally Posted by carla g View Post
    i have heard primrose oil can help to, dont no if i have wrote it the right way lol x
    I have been taking Evening Primrose Oil for the past ten years.... it really does help. Also my skin and hair are lush.... hehe. Am aways getting complimented on my skin and hair.

how long does it take to notice them working and in what way have they helpd you, im nosey to c what they really do as i dont no alot lol x

Hmmmm it probably does take a while and I think others around me noticed it was working as I was calmer and didn't get the really bad mood swings.....
    I just carried on taking it and really think it does help me..... I mean I'm going through this bad patch so am on the cit but monthy mood wise I am better. Mind I am now peri menopausal.....so that could change things a bit.

Hi Ladies

Phew! I have re-started cit after a break, and I'd forgotten what it was like at first in relation to periods

The first time I started taking cit, I noticed that I felt more emotional before 'that time' started. Plus, I got stronger cramp pains and felt really nauseous. This did improve over the months, but it was a shock at first, as I thought I'd caught a virus or something, I felt so worn out!

This week, my first 'period week' since I re-started the cit, and it was exactly the same as my first experience I had a pretty upset stomach all week; I do get IBS, and it does feel worse with hormones, but this week it was even more so! I also got headaches everyday, and was so tired I couldn't think straight. Gosh!

I am feel a little more human again now that the period has arrived, but I just want to sleep for a few days

I'm going to get hold of some primrose oil, as it sounds like it can really help

im feeling pritty bad this week im due on in a few days and iv been feeling really sick and tiyed and spaced out alot iv also been geting pains in my chest and and boobs iv never felt as bad as i do when being due on im takeing the evening primrose oil but not feeling anything diffrent really x

Hi everyone

I have been on citalopram for about 4 months now. I have found the opposite to everyone else tbh. During the last couple of years my periods had become really bad, with mood swings, sore boobs, bloating, pain and much bad temper, but the last couple of periods have really caught me out. I hardly noticed them coming. I was wondering if this was the citalopram helping with this problem. I will see how it goes tho cos I am new to this and I think after reading all the good things about evening primrose I will start taking that anyways.

Good luck and take care
    Donna
    xx

I am the same with periods. I HATE periods. I have bad periods pains. Before and after periods I get depressed, crying easily, bloated, feeling sick, getting angry easily... so on. Last month, my periods came on late, one week late, and it arrived in the same week of Christmas!!! Now my periods is late, I am feeling depressed, bloated, feeling sick as well, and feeling like crying. I don't like feeling like this. When I'm on periods, I am fine. I hope it arrives this week, and being cooped up at home doesn't help. I feel my body is changing, and my bowel movements is not nice before periods. Oh yes I have panic attacks or anxiety, and now new thing - derealisation as well.
    Sorry too much information!

Starry xx

Hi Girls,

Started on Cit Xmas Eve after a bout of anxiety started up, didn't really see a reason for it at the time but realise know it was the first day of my period. I'm on 20mg of cit and really picked up after the first two weeks and felt like my old self again.
    However, I had my period 3 days ago and I thinking that the fact that I was feeling ugh ! made me associate with the horrible panic feeling and has started me off again !!! I have finished my period now but still after the after affects of the anxiety. Not sure whether to go back and see the doc, is it the medication ? do I need to up it? has it stopped working ?? or can I just put it down to my period ?? confused ??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information