Thread: Please help, physical symptom of depression?

Please help, physical symptom of depression?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this so if not I apologise. This is a bit complicated but please stay with me!

I suffer from anxiety and have done for a long time. For about the past month I have had what I have been told is sciatica as I experience cold sensations in my leg. Ever since this has started I get very cold in my body, often I feel like I have waves of goosebumps come up especially over my back, I don't know if this is because my nerves have gone haywire with anxiety or because I am getting more and more depressed over how I feel. I often cry in fact sob for hours at a time, sometimes I go back to bed cos I can't face the world, the past two days of Christmas I have been hiding upstairs cos I can't cope with so many people here. Is this coldness depression? Everyone is getting fed up of me asking about it but I don't think I can face going on like this much longer, I just want it all to stop. Please help.

Re: Please help, physical symptom of depression?

i suffer with anxiety which brings on my deppression its a vicious circle and xmas has not helped the anxiety over getting it right has brought on terrible depression making me more anxious than ever. I take venlafaxine which arn`t helping at the minute and lorazepam do calm my anxiety symptoms - you don`t mention if you take any meds but it may be worth a visit to your doctor instead of putting yourself through more upset alone. Take care hope you feel better soon xxx

Thread Information