Thread: diary of taking fluoxetine

Post diary of taking fluoxetine

Hi all,

I thought I would start a diary regarding my experiences taking fluoxetine. It is the first time I am taking an anti-depressant seriously, have tried citalopram for two or three days, but was really sick, and was given fluoxetine by my GP instead.

I have missed the first couple of days of writing down in the diary, since I was just monitoring symptoms, but let's start with day 3.

Day 3

The first couple of days I felt a little bit nauseous, but it was nothing compared to what I went through when I tried citalopram. My dose is 20 mg / day fluoxetine, and today is the third day. I took it in the morning, haven't felt any worse up to now.

I just hope this works, I think what I fear worse than any symptoms is what if this anti-depressant doesn't work.

I generally just feel numb now, I don't know whether it's SAD or whatever, I feel emotionally numb. I don't experience much pleasure doing anything, have lost all drive and motivation to do anything. I am not feeling tired or lethargic, just have no motivation to do anything. And I don't feel much emotion, when I do stuff, kind of like am numb.

It's horrible, I just hope 6 months from now this issue is resolved, I can't imagine feeling this numb in the summer, that would be so crap. And if this anti depressant doesn't work, I don't even know what else to try. Anyway, enough for today.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: diary of taking fluoxetine

I suffer with depression and SAD so know where you're coming from. These meds do sometimes take a long time to work fully but I hope you see some improvement in the next couple of weeks.

Keep writing your experiences - it will help to keep a diary - and welcome to NMP.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Thread Information