Thread: advice needed please

advice needed please

hi
    well i seem to have one last hurdle to get over and need some advice please...
    i have come so far and as some of you know am now back to work and i love it... even on a bad day i go and enjoy it so i know i have made great prgress... also my partner is moving in with me ... there is so amy good things going on
    but there is one last thing that over shadows everything and it is a little bit embarrasing.. i dont like to talk about it but i have learnt to trust people on here and know that i can ask anything without being judged
    i have a health phobia but it is not about me... it is about others and mainly my family but most of all my partner...
    it has led to a bad few days... and i want to fight this like i have the rest of my problems...
    i constantly worry about it...
    the mornings are the worse(i know many people suffer bad then)
    but im not sure where to go for help...
    can i do this myself or should i find some counselling or something... and if so where from?
    i feel that once i have this under control then things will be really good.
    i know i need to change my nagative thoughts but not sure how and will do anything to jump this final hurdle.
    thank you all for all your help that has got me this far
    rach

Hi Rach

Can you explain some of the worries you have? Are they about your loved ones becoming seriously ill, having accidents etc...?
    Only been a member for a week so i havent read any of your previous postings. Do you talk to your partner/family? How did you manage to get to the happy life you have now? It seems you have come so far and done really well dealing with other issues. Have you had any counselling or CBT? Maybe they are the next step!
    Take Care and be proud of what you have achieved so far.

Sam.

Hi Rach

I agree with Sam that you should be really proud if yourself for coming this far .... well done.
    Maybe you could talk to your doctor and he could point you in the direction of a counsellor who could help you with these remaining issues or maybe just talking them through with your loved ones and making them understand your fears would help. You will also be able to get advice and support from this site and perhaps one of the moderators will be able to advise you of any self-help books.
    I too have the negative thoughts problem and I find writing them down and then challenging them helps.

Take care
    Spice
    xxx

hey rach

i know how you feel. i have health anxiety mostly about my dad, who incidentally has a heart problem and hasnt a care in the world

it is simply our love for them expressed as a fear of leaving them or them leaving us. i dont know how to stop this fear as we cannot control our love for people and therefore our sadness about them getting sick. i suppose if you have put many other fears into perspective then this is jkust another one to add to the list

sorry i cannot be of more help, but you are not alone
    jackie

Thread Information