Thread: virus/flu bug or extreme anxiety

virus/flu bug or extreme anxiety

I have been posting about my lack of sleep due to adrenaline surges when trying to fall asleep that had been so since last Wed that I had had one night with no sleep - had two night with sleeping pills but still took ages to get to sleep but last night I did sleep without pill although first few hours it was fitful. I have had extreme anxiety since Wednesday.

when I woke up this morning I felt very drugged ( taken nothing to account for this) heavy head and my legs ached like mad - I felt sickly but not sick and had but of upset bowels probably due to overload of fibre yesterday BUT my knees back of thighs and feet are aching and it gets worse if I stand up and move around - if I rush around then i come over all hot but if I sit down then I feel a slightly chilly. My husband says it is odd temp at moment, cold and dank outside but hot if you rush around inside.

I was standing up talking and making drinks for eveyrone when I suddenly had like a hot flush and felt faintish but cooled down after I sat down.
    My temp is not up but it is varying as when I felt all hot flush and took it it had gone up .4 of a degree.

I was so pleased that I had slept without pill last night even though I had the adrenaline surges and now I am worrying that I have got something else and daren't go to Dr again.

Re: virus/flu bug or extreme anxiety

Hi
    Sleep deprivation can make you feel awful, even if you've had a good night's sleep you still have a deficit to catch up on.

With a virus you'd either have a temperature or you'd have respiratory symptoms (cough, snotty nose etc), I reckon. I'm not a doctor but I think you just need some sleep.

Even if it was a virus there'd be no reason to go to a doc so I wouldn't worry about it. Plus whether it's lack of sleep or a virus the medicine is the same! Plenty of rest!

Hope you feel better soon

Re: virus/flu bug or extreme anxiety

I've had that 'rush' sensation before so don't worry about that. It's a typical anxiety thing from what I gather, and as above lack of sleep can do horrible things.

I was anxiety free for the best part of 4 months until my daughter arrived. That in itself is stressful but the lack of sleep is now causing me real rubbish symptoms.

Thread Information