Thread: Can't seem to shift this cough/illness

Can't seem to shift this cough/illness

Hi,

It's a minor thing compared to many things here but just wanted to talk more than anything. Lots of people seem to be ill at the moment and I'm one of them. I came down with sore throat, temperature, bunged up and cough a week ago. Now I still have a chesty cough, headaches (at base of neck and forehead, particularly above eyes) and am absolutely knackered and muscles seem to get randomly tired quickly.

Why can't I seem to shift this? Am I just being impatient? I was originally really worried that I had swine flu (inevitably) and am still cycling through various underlying illnesses. Can anyone please help me/reassure me?

Re: Can't seem to shift this cough/illness

Hiya, most bugs/flu/virusy things take about 6-14 days to shift according to NHS Direct, I rang them when hubby had flu last week. Like you hes still feeling weak, and "Unreal" he said today. You still need to rest, or at least rest as much as possible, try Covonia for chesty coughs, hot showers before bed open up the airways, a multivit may be worth a try. Plenty of fluids still, and make sure your diet includes fruit and veg. Get well soon, be kind to yourself, you will be fine.

Hi
    On one hand this will help on the other it could make you feel worse.
    As said flu bugs can last fourteen days easily and people i know who have had it seem to go on for that long, my wife shifted the main symptoms after a week but the cough lasted fourteen + days. My sister-in-law has had it for four weeks, she has been to the doc loads and the opinion is it is a particular virulent strain that is proving hard for folk to shift. My SIL is on pain killers for all the various aches and pains its causing her.

Chin up it will eventually go.

Hi have had the same for two weeks, have now seen G.P and been given anmoxicillin as now have slight chest infection, its a really nasty bug and doc said the cough lasts at least three weeks, hope you feel better soon

Hello

I've had this for nearly 5 weeks!! seems to be shifting now, good job it peaked before christmas rather than during.
    Seeing my dr about it this week as its making me very anxious for reasons i don't quite understand.

hope you feel better soon

cheers jamie c

Rusty, Rated And Rear Wheel Drive!

Thanks everyone, just irritating because it seems one minute like I am getting better then the next some symptoms seem to come back. I have a really bad cough today and it is really getting me down.

Hi, my family and me have had this for about 4 weeks now, one minute you think its going and the next day its back again.

I just cant stop coughing, I have blocked sinuses which come and go, at the end of the day my head hurts from all that coughing, pulled a muscle around my ribs from all the coughing, can't sleep cause I get so hot in bed...just goes on and on.

Think there is a chest infection epidemic as I went to a large Boots the other day and they had actually run out of cough medicine.

Roll on summer

Once again, feeling worse, hot, very tired and coughing, doesn't help the office is always hot. I am really peaking in my panic about swine flu again and am worried about catching it :( Worried again!

Hi

Been to see my GP about this, he said its gunna be fine and its hanging around for alot of people, infact nearly everyone in the surgery that morning had it so its getting to everyone not just us HA sufferers.

Hope you feel better soon.

Cheers Jamie C

Rusty, Rated And Rear Wheel Drive!

Thread Information