Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I STUCK IT OUT!!!!

I STUCK IT OUT!!!!

Last night i went to work in a bar, its never busy which is quite nice for me because im easing myself back into working with people and trying to get over my clostrophobic feeling. I started at 6 and new i had to stay till maybe 3am so i breathed felt like **** still but thought to myself 'ALL those people on NMP say these are just feelings and nothing else so ul get thru it' nothings happend before why would it now? Anyway there was about 300 in this small bar and it was so hot i cant work in heat anymore cause it makes me more lightheaded/woozy so i tried working thru it and the que for the bar was about 6 rows full of people there was no time for m,e to quickly get air or make a quick exit so i stuck at it, my manager was being a W***ER he was saying come on guys faster these peolle are waiting ages he was panickying because the guiness carlsburg etc had ran out so he had to leave the bar to change it there was just 2 of us serving at least 60 customers a time. I was panicking because he was and i was getting hot and flustered i didnt know what else to do but to walk out otherwise i was sure id pass out. My chest was tight and i wsa finding it hard to get my whole breathe when normally its easy. So i wenty out the back door he told me to come back i said wjhen ive got my breathe and im not being spoken to infront of customers the way u speak to me. he said sorry etc, i didnt wanna go back becauyse i was sure something would happen to me big time BUT I DID IT i went back and somehow i got thru it and the lightheadedness drifted away a bit NOT completely but i found myself calming the situation instead of running away from it. I still think its unfair how sick and faint you do feel with anxiet and panic but hey il get there. You lot can to anyone who gets stressed in a situation go for air for a little while then go back and fight it.

hope u enjoy my story xx

Hi Katy

I thought your story was great and most importantly well done on taking control and seeing the anxiety through at it's worst you were really brave, and you must be feeling more confident now to face it next time ... if there is a next time.
    I know about all the symptoms and the fact they they can't hurt and my rational mind tells me there is nothing to be scared of but a small part of me just isn't ready to believe that just yet but reading your experience shows me that it can be done and that gives me hope.

WELL DONE KATY

Love
    Spice
    xxx

Whoa Katy

Well Done to You

I have read a lot of your posts and know how scared you have been of the anxiety symptoms but you have proved to yourself that anxiety cannot do you any harm. Yes it is very unpleasant to say the least but you stuck with it and you came out the winner.

You mentioned you were easing yourself back into working, I think if you can cope with 300 people in a busy bar you can cope with anything !

Good for you

Darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

well done katy.

and thats for - going to work - standing up for yourself - and pushing yourself through it, even when it feels like s***.

see, you can do it, remember that. you take care .. andrew

The only reason i think ikve become more confident in saying i can do it is because i have great advice on here and i love everyones encouragement to each other x

Well done Katy - you've shown us all that it can be done. Just remember that good feeling when you got the better of anxiety and panic - like Spice said you'll feel much more confident next time, knowing you can do it.
    Take Care
    Helen

Well done Katy. Brilliant progress.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

well done katy u should be so proud of yourself xxxx

i have to do it for my kids if not for myself marciaxx

AAArh katy thats was wicked mate,, extra you did so well you should be well happy with yaself, see there ya go..you can do it...and people if katy can(coz she has suffered badley) then trust me we all can--- well we live in hope dont we..
    That was a real nice and couragous story katy , nice one..

ashleyxx

ijust wanted to show people that im suffering so bad and what i done last night i never thought i could do i thought i was gonna collapse and die and look at me now typing away. EVERYONE can do it lets just all be there for each other. Ash i wanna see you happy now ur a great mate xxxxxxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information