Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anxiety names

anxiety names

i have massive anxiety demons and im trying to beat it and in my effort to get rid i decided to name it.

my anxietys name is gordon the goofer cos its an annoying little puppet lol

anyone else name theres or am the onky weirdo pmsl xx

Re: anxiety names

That is brilliant! I dont have a name for my anxiety but I think that I might have to get one now!!!

If you can't handle me at my worst then you don't deserve me at my best.

well quite funny makes me laugh and shut at it detaches it from the real me so i dont lose myself to anxiety again

I might call mine......Panicky Petra

mine are like a bunch of annoying elves who run around and mess up my head. Actually it's got a bit scary recently as I imagine them a lot, particularly in the morning. I try not to be afraid of them and recognise them for what they are - a manifestation of my stress and anxiety and shame about a botched relationship (entirely my fault, I was dishonest and stupid).

There have been times I thought I was going psychotic

Please god let me not give in to the elves and recognise that despite my mistakes i am fundamentally a good and caring person who can become a better man for the sake of my kids. Or just to accept them and neutralise them that way

Mines PAM......Panic Attack Monster
    and also the name of my lovely mum, who I miss everyday x

That’s actually a very good idea – not weird at all. A therapist once encouraged my friend to do something like that with some of her demons. The idea was to separate herself from her various emotional issues so that they didn’t define who she was, and it helped her to deal with them.

Her anorexia became ‘Edie’, Think about it, it was very clever. Sometimes there were spells of binge eating, and that aspect of the eating disorder became ‘Ed’. There were also various obsessions, and they became ‘Loki’ – a rather mischievous little yapping puppy

Nigel

Nigel this is interesting - so visualising your demons COULD actually be kind of healthy? I worry that by 'naming' them they will grow in power and take me over and I'll go psychotic

But when I feel healthy I do imagine them back in their box. And when I hit a punch mitt, i imagine myself pummelling them!

Probably the opposite because they then become a small part of that person, not the whole. So rather than my friend being anorexic, which was all encompassing, she could see herself as an ordinary person for whom anorexia was just a part.

And like you said, once you separate these issues from who you are, you’re free to play all sorts of tricks with them in your imagination

Nigel

maybe i am not going crazy after all - maybe it's time to acknowledge the elves and stop being scared of them as they are kind of pathetic and crap. They are still going to get a good kicking though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information