Thread: Prickly Burning Sensation In Arm, Chest Stomach - SCAREY !!!

Prickly Burning Sensation In Arm, Chest Stomach - SCAREY !!!

Hi Guys

Ive never experienced this before and just need to know if it is anxiety related, last night when i went to bed i was getting a few cramp like pains in my lower left arm, i ignored it as u do otherwise it would open a big can of worms and id be worrying if its my heart as we all do, but then i started getting a burning prickly sensation in my arm and my stomach going up into my chest, it was horrible and scarey and i panicked like mad, i was at the point of waking my other half up to take me to hospital as i was convinced i was about to have a heart attack but i didnt and i lay there trying to calm down and relax i eventually fell asleep like this and was surprised to wake up this morning.

PLEASE PLEASE tell me if this is 'normal' in anxiety i have never had it before and hope i never get it again.

Thanks

Amanda

Re: Prickly Burning Sensation In Arm, Chest Stomach - SCAREY !!!

Do you think it had something to do with how you were sleeping? Were you laying on your arm. I have gotten that feeling before. Has it went away. If it went away then it may have been anxiety.

i had just got into bed so it wasnt anything to do with the way i was sleeping, it did go away so i am thinking it was anxiety - just need someone else on here to say yeah thats a common thing and ill be ok with it, according to doctor death ( google ) that burning sensation can be a sign of an imminent heart attack and that is what is scaring me

I think you should be fine. I once felt something similar and all I was doing was watching tv at home. I wasnt anxious at all either. That's the bad thing about anxiety sometimes nothing triggers it. It can happen for no reason.

Just out of interest i didnt get the same thing again last night but does anyone else experience this at all, i am still very much spooked !!

I get burning prickly feelings that just seem to come out of the blue. I get a cold feeling as well. Because nothing has actually happened to me (like dying) when I've experienced those feelings, I've just put it down to anxiety. I also think for me, that it might be something to do with my breathing. Sometimes when we are so busy worrying we forget to breathe right and it has enormous impacts on our body (like tingling). The one evening when I had these feelings I actually called an ambulance because I was terrified. The tingling was all over my face and arms. When the paramedics got there I was told I was hyperventilating and that's why I was tingling in my arms and face. HOW EMBARRASSING. Anyway, I think to answer your questions, yes I think it is down to our anxiety. But I know it is scary. What we need to tell ourselves is that if nothing serious happened to us when we felt that, then we will be ok next time it happens. We need to use that as positive reinforcement. Hope this helps.

Hi, I can totally relate to this, one night i got into bed and my arms felt sunburnt but cold, nothing i did made it better, i tried to sleep but couldnt and rang the NHS direct number at 12.30, luckily a woman called me back half an hour later and spoke to me for 45 mins on the phone and said she has had anxiety before and knows how i feel, as i was talking it subsided and i felt better, only for the next evening it to come back again so i went to the hospital and they said it was anxiety, prescribed me beta blockers to slow the heart rate, i felt better before i had taken one, i think alot is in our minds, we make it worse, its hard to believe anxiety can cause so much pain and tinglyness on your skin but it does

it sounds like anixety x

Thread Information