i haven't posted for a while as fell into a terrible black hole around 6-7 weeks after coming off citalopram plus had a lot of stress/horrible things happen this year. i have been on prozac for just over 4 weeks as i became terrified of taking medication (have been suffering acid reflux and had a frightening reaction to a drug the gp gave me) - for some reason - i wanted to take prozac (which i have had once before) because that felt the safest to me. i am also on a sleeping tablet and have been taken the occasional diazapam - have had 5mg today but usually only 1-2.5mg per week which is pretty much nothing.

the reason i am posting is that i have a few days where i feel more stable and i can see glimpses of the old me returning and then i have a day where i literally feel i am back at square one. i have been on ssris before and it has always followed a consistent pattern - 2-3 weeks of feeling worse than before and then steady improvement but this time i feel as though i am on a rollercoaster.my gp says this is normal but it is really unnerving me how i can go from starting to see light at the end of the tunnel to feeling as though life is not worth living a few days later. anyone else experienced the same?