Thread: the usual!

the usual!

What really bothers me most about skippy/crazy beats is that nice excited emotions brings them on !! In fact any sort of emotion does, if you're happy and excited looking forward to something they come bang, then you get all depressed that you have them and find it hard to concentrate. it is unfair. I wish there was a control button !!! Sorry just had to rant!

Also sometimes when I'm having a skippy crazy moment my heart will have moments of beating fast skip then beating slow. It doesn't feel any different but its because I always have my finger on my pulse!!

I think tomorrow we should all say to ourselves to hell with it and lets not check our pulses even if we feel them to carry on normal and see if we feel better!! let me know what you think!

Re: the usual!

im with you there karen!! ive been up since 5am, worrying about them, one in every 10 beats this morning!! agggggggghhhhh!!!! ive been to the drs 7 times in 3 months!! he is so not concerned!! and has referred me for cbt!! xxx maybe it is the worrying, i dont know!

Quote Originally Posted by Karenm View Post
    What really bothers me most about skippy/crazy beats is that nice excited emotions brings them on !! In fact any sort of emotion does, if you're happy and excited looking forward to something they come bang, then you get all depressed that you have them and find it hard to concentrate. it is unfair. I wish there was a control button !!! Sorry just had to rant!

Also sometimes when I'm having a skippy crazy moment my heart will have moments of beating fast skip then beating slow. It doesn't feel any different but its because I always have my finger on my pulse!!

I think tomorrow we should all say to ourselves to hell with it and lets not check our pulses even if we feel them to carry on normal and see if we feel better!! let me know what you think!
    I could have written this myself Karen. I have written something, somewhere else about the emotion thing. I mean will I end up an emotional robot? cant feel angry, happy, sad or anything without making them worse

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

It is nice to know I am not the only one then !! lol It is very frustrating, relaxing is great and definitely calms them but it feels so miserable when you have done the relaxing and need to get on with life now and of course everyday there is some sort of drama be it with travelling to work and just hate getting them at the most inappropriate times!!! I think because at the back of our minds we are still conscious that it must be damaging our hearts or there is something wrong which is why we are not getting over them. I'm working on it though!! will let you know if I find a cure !!!

Have a good day everyone

If you find a cure, you'll be famous

And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

The exact same thing happens to me!! If I laugh too hard, I get the crazy beats!! If I get excited, sad, mad, scared, tired, hungry, etc. they start!! Sometimes I feel like I can't feel any emotion or I'll start to panic! For example, I just had a HUGE stress lifted off of me from a problem that was resolved and I've been experiencing these darn weird beats for 3 days now. I'm happy but I'm miserable because of the beats! But then again, I've been focusing on them, so maybe if I forget about them and ignore them, they'll go away like they usually do!!!

I can really relate to what you write.

I've been on a bit of a journey and fisrt started with panic attacks just over 2 years ago, they were brought on by palps/missed beats. I then realised that the attacks would happen with any emotion. My last few months have been panic attack free and I think that is because my body shut down my emotions. I didn't get scared, nervous, excited or anything and this wasn't because I didn't want to I simply couldn't no matter how hard I tried! It was so frustrating. I got concert tickets for my birthday and remember thinking the night before how excited I should be but nothing.

Gradually without realising I've become 'normal' again and actually tried to think of the last time I sat with my fingers on my neck counting and waiting. I have a great daughter and boyfriend and feel I have my emotions back. BUT, last Friday I had a big palp attack and again today. Luckily the panic didn't kick in but now I find myself worrying about the panic attacks coming back. Arghhh, a great big catch 22!!

Looking back, both palp episodes happened about 20 minutes after eating a fairly big meal and having quite a busy day so maybe I just need to eat smaller and more often and learn to take it easy but I am desperate not to go back to square one.

On a different note, my Mum has suffered with these irregular beats for 4 months now with the usual symptoms we all have. She found out last week that she had an overactive thyroid and after a week of meds, she's almost back to normal. Is it wrong to feel a little jealous that she has a cure for her attacks? lol

I know what you mean...you want it to be something that easily rectified - was the same when they tested my thyroid...I hoped it was out of whack! Now that is worrying for me!

And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

Thread Information