Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: worried

worried

I am feeling a bit tearful, it has been a horrible weekend.
    2 weeks ago I collected my son from school, he has special needs and attends a mainstream school which also caters for special needs.....
    as usually i felt panicky collecting him and as we were just walking out the school door this boy came over to my son and in a
    retarded voice and pulling a retarted face said .........
    Helloooooooooooooooooooooooo sam.
    he was also pointing his finger at his head doing a curly motion as to say your mental.

Well I was so upset i shouted at the boy, i was shaking all over i told him to follow me and lead him to a memeber of staff and reported him.

My son has aspergers and his confidence is zero.....the last thing i need was a boy telling him hes stupid.

well on friday the school told me the boys father had been up the school angry about the way i shouted at his son.
    This has really upset me and i keep crying, i didnt want to shout at the boy it just came out , i felt so upset for my son because he keeps saying to me ..........why am i stupid and is an easy target.

The school told me i shouldnt of said anything to the boy, but i didnt i just shouted follow me.....i thought that was ok, after all i didnt threaten him or touch him.

My panics really really bad because of all this and on top of all this i havent eaten since sat night because ive got food poisning from a take away.
    Im really worried this has set me right back on my panic attacks and cant stop crying.

mirryx

Oh Mirry im so sorry to hear what happened at the school.

You did the right thing by reporting this nasty little boy & you had every reason to shout at him. Thats his & his fathers problem if they can't take it. You have done nothing wrong at all, any parent im sure would have done the same thing.

Please do'nt cry go & give your little pup & nice little cuddle.

Get well soon re the food poisoning.

People like that arn't worth getting upset about. Sounds like they both need to grow up.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
    In & Out Of Your Life
    But Only True Friends
    Will Leave Footprints
    In Your Heart

hi mirry,i bet the world feels like it has caved in YEH??Well it hasn't sweetie.When our children are threatened we react as a lioness would so your feelings are correct for what occurrred,you released that adrenalin 4 a reason,you were defending your 'cub'!now ,as you have the same feelings during a panic attack,you have put this together in you mind and assume it's all panic,but it is not ,it is a very natural reaction to a threataning situation!As 4 the school,lord,everyone is so scared of being sued or being seen as politically incorrect,it makes me wanna scream!!!!Having worked in education,trust me Mirry,the staff are as angry with that boy as you are [well nearly]but under the governments guidelines,their hands are tied,wrong in my book!!Do you want to keep Sam in main stream ed.Mirry?My daughter works in a special ed school,with kiddies having mild S.E.N.'s and she has worked in mainstream too,and feels that the kids seem to understand each others problems more in the special school,just a thought,and i know these wonderful schools are thin on the ground and lack funding[my daughter has not had he contract renewed so that proves it ,and she is heartbroken!]You dry your eyes Mirry.You are not goin backwards,you simply upset at your Son's pain!It will all settle down,and believe me they will be watchin that other boy!!!!Keep us posted ,and get well soon[nasty,thing food poisening]love Mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

you know what the parenmt of the other boy is just thinking of someone else to blame because he knows full well his son was in the wrong not u. So never worry about anything. Just chill and realx and get over ur food poisning x

what lovely people they are mirry. hard to believe that someones son makes fun of yuor son and the dad blames you. something wrong with the world those people are living in mirry, try sooo hard to put it out of your head. kids can be so hurtful and im sure you are aware of this, but when the parent shows no remorse, you have to feel sorry for that. you are better people just know that and move on if you can

no one like that is worth your time or your tears.

concentrate on yourself your son and on your recovery, know ing that alot is sent to try us but true recovery lies in coping with the good and the bad

you r not alone. we are all behind you

remember you and your son can hold your heads high, for you would never hurt anyone like those people hurt you. isnt ti great to know how above them you are

take care
    jackie

Thanks everyone for your replys,
    I keep going over and over how angry i was when i shouted at him......
    I wish i hadnt shouted at him like i did.
    I am finding my sons aspergers syndrome a real strain and because of the way he is its making me more emotionally unstable.

I cant stop worrying, the head said he will have to investigate further into this........my friend said to me this morning , they will check the ctv cameras.....this has made me panic more because it will be so embarrasing them watching me angry on t.v.
    My husband says dont worry about it , it will just prove what a horrible boy he was that day.

Im sick with worry and dont know how it all got like this?

sorry to go on

mirryx

Hi Hun

I know your concerned but it is best not to keep going over it as you will make yourself feel worse.

Hubby is right in saying that when the matter is looked into further everyone will see what a horrible little boy this lad is.

Again you only did what any parent would do in protecting your child & you have nothing to worry about.

As Jackie says we are all here for you.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
    In & Out Of Your Life
    But Only True Friends
    Will Leave Footprints
    In Your Heart

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">As 4 the school,lord,everyone is so scared of being sued or being seen as politically incorrect,it makes me wanna scream!!!!Having worked in education,trust me Mirry,the staff are as angry with that boy as you are [well nearly]but under the governments guidelines,their hands are tied,wrong in my book!!love Mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

<div align="right">Originally posted by mary rose - 27 March 2006 : 14:37:31</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    I couldn't agree more and this is half the problem in school today. I would loathe to be a teacher in this day and age. I hate the fact some kids don't feel accountable for their actions.

I don't suggest we go back to the dark ages but all this daren't even restrain a badly behaved child is ridiculous and puts other peoples kids at risk. Also it means as a society we aren't looking out for each other in the same way we used to. My mother-in-law saw a lone toddler wandering the shops and for a split second thought not to interfere incase someone thought she was trying to steal them. Common sense prevailed and she led the child to the nearest shop and counter and they called the police for help.

I am sure I would have reacted in the same way as you Mirry if someone had been as offensive as that to one of my children and I think you have nothing to reproach yourself for. Those parents should change their reaction to shame not anger - which is probably why they do feel angry.

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

THANKS PIGLET,

I think what hurts me is the fact that i made this year the year to be strong and not to be so afraid of speaking up..........
    now i feel like its easier being timid.

I wish i hadnt shouted at that boy and i cant stop thinking about it,
    I dont know why but i start to doubt my own judgement, I asked my son tonight exactly what that boy did that day, just to hear it.

My husband has also said to me today, if they were that concerned the police would of turned up within 2 days of it happening.........
    why am i such a terrible worrier?

mirryx

hi, same as above! i have a son and i would do the same
    xx

fibrochat) http://apriltones.proboards54.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information