Thread: 8 weeks still getting anxiety

8 weeks still getting anxiety

Hi everyone, was hoping someone could help me!!!! have been on sertraline for 8 weeks now, generally feel alot better than i did, but am still getting anxiety symptoms and feelings of dizzyness, like i'm on a boat ! get times where i feel i'm not me, which is just horrible...
    Just wanted to know should they have worked properly by now, shall i see dr about upping dose or just give it a little longer at 50mg.... have been so patient but just had enough of waking up to find the anxiety is still there... any thoughts or success stories would be great...thanks xx

Re: 8 weeks still getting anxiety

Hey Faye,

I've just gone past the 3rd week and after a week of improvement I find today I am light headed, disorientated and generally low in mood again. Getting the inside wobblies that I hate and again feeling like there is a sheet of glass between me and the world..... BUT after looking on the net I think it's just a blip and I have to give it time. I realise you have been on the meds for longer but i would give it another week and then see your GP. My GP told me the meds would help... but it wouldn't be the whole cure, that CBT or counselling will also help. For me I just want to feel normal enough to be able to recognise what is making me feel the way I do.

Not much help I know... but please don't be disheartened.. think positive and know this feeling will lift. It's acknowledging it takes a day by day approach.

Hope all works out

xxxx

Hi
    Are you also doing other things to calm your anxiety? Changed your lifestyle etc? Your doc probably won't be keen to up a dosage this early on so you might be better off trying to find as many ways as you can to naturally reduce your stress. It's not always easy but simple things like making sure you get plenty of exercise can help.

Hope you feel better soon.

thank you so much for your replies, will give it longer as can see daily improvements was just feeling frustrated as have been on citalopram 20mg 2 years ago and they worked within 2 weeks so was fantastic.... so prob expected these to work as quick. I have made lots of lifestyle changes i eat lots of fruit and veg ride my horse everyday and have a physical job, also started omega 3 and multi vits. Think i might order claire weekes book and maybe look into cbt. The frustrating thing is i have a lovely stress free life with my family so just don't know what has caused all this... hopefully some deeper digging when i feel a little better will help me towards full recovery. thank you for your advice xx onwards and upwards xx

Thread Information