Thread: gagging symptoms

gagging symptoms

Hi,

I posted previously about gagging, I thought it was to do with anxiety/panic, but now im not so sure. Someone posted saying they had it when they swallowed too much air....just wondered how that can be and did they find a cure? could it be stress related? I was moving house at weekend and quite busy, when after a couple of weeks of not having it...i suddenly needed to gag/choke...and though i was going to be sick...i was with my dad too so i had to make out that i was sick randomly! its getting very embarassing and happens at the most inconvient times!!
    HHHEEEEELLLLPP i want rid of this! could it be acid reflux? i dont bring anything up...is there medication i can take?
    ive tried everything : (

sx

Re: gagging symptoms

Hi hope things went okay.
    All i can say is that for the past few months i have started with this, to the point i think im either choking on my own breath/spit or gagging and coughing to the point of almost vomitting. I have read here and it sounds like anxiety, i have acid reflux so maybe something to do with that. When im getting this daily i suck on a boiled sweet and this makes me feel a bit better. For me if i keep busy and am not anxious i dont have it.
    I ve just been thru flu and my daughter is away from home so i think i feel stressed she is out of my control lol.

hope you feel okay

regards

Julie.

Re: gagging symptoms

i found tic tacs work great as a distraction to the throat, but there are only so many you can eat! people think i am addicted to eating sweets!
    i feel like my throat constricts and i cant talk..

Thread Information