Thread: Have i brought IBS on??

Have i brought IBS on??

Hiya,

I woke up sunday night having a panic attack, and it went on most of the night and all day yesterday. I did however manage to get a good nights sleep! The symptoms I had yesterday were tingling in my arms, sweeping heat and chest pains, I thought I was going to have a heart attack, but obviously I tried to tell myself I wasn't.
    It is usual for me to have an achy chest after an attack, due to the tension, but today I have a new thing.

I feel a bit sicky , waves of nausea, but with a gurgly tummy, Like i'm hungry (have been topping up the sugar levels though so Im not starved lol) then i'll get sort of a sharp pain in the middle of my chest, sort on the very top of my belly/under centre of rib cage. Then it calms down then comes back.....is this anything serious?? I'm trying not to worry.....

Thanks

Stephxxx

Re: Have i brought IBS on??

Hi Stephie ..does sound like IBS SYMPTOMS .The pain will be wind .I get the exact symptoms when I have been anxious and stressed .I take Baclofen it ususally sorts it out in a couple of days .Avoid the foods that can aggravate it especially bread and wheat .Onions often give me the gurggling / hungry feeling ,so best to avoid them as well until it settles down .try to relax and Im sure you will feel better soon .t/c Sue x

Thank you Sue, I think I will pop to the Dr's anyway, as was reading online and the symptoms are actually quite close to an ulcer? I know i prob sound HA positive lol, but It calms down when i eat is in exactly the right place as described....and the pain isn't wind, i havent actually had any wind:-( I sort of get a pain in waves which feel like i've swallowed a bone or something and its trying to push down it lasts about 5-10 seconds and then goes....but if I havent eaten for 3-4 hours then it's worse, until i eat.

Do you get this??

Steph

Hi Steph,
    I've been getting this too recently, along with other tummy troubles which i am putting down to IBS. I can freak myself out about it easily, but having had on-off tummy troubles since April last year, after many blood tests, scans etc, I am starting to believe it is all anxiety caused and IBS.
    Hope this helps.
    Jx

I've had dreadful problems with IBS over the last 3 months, and I'm sure it has been made worse for me by anxiety, as I've really focussed on it (not a good idea!).

Thread Information