Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ibs ??

ibs ??

Hi everyone another post again sorry......
    I've just been reading on here about ibs and thinking maybe this is what I've got I have been going to the toilet a lot more than often now once a day when I was only going once every 2-3 days.

I've been getting really bad pressure pains under my left ribs and down were my bowels are I've just been to the toilet and sorry to be forward but it was like water diorreah made me really panic..and now I'm getting a little bit of prressure under my right ribs..

Especially because I'm taking medicine for a suspected ulcer (omeprazole 20 mg capsules twice a day) I'm wondering if that's what the pain is down to ibs ?? I'm just worried incase its something to do with the ulcer I might have ??

Has anyone else experienced this I was really thinking about going to a&e I'm that scared......

Re: ibs ??

Kayleigh.

I have had problems similar to yours for quite a long time. I am on Omeprazole as well (20mg per day) for acid and Co-dydramol (Codeine and Paracetamol) for pain.

If you do have IBS, then you will notice a change in your bowel habits and movements as well as variable pain and discomfort in your tummy.

Don't forget that also as a Anxiety sufferer you will also have these episodes even if you don't have IBS probably.

I don't think it warrants a visit to A and E as they will more and likely do some tests and then give you some painkillers, anti-spasmodics and anti-acid medication. However, I'm not a Doctor and only you can decide what is best for yourself in addition to your own pain tolerance.

On the six occasions I have been to A and E regarding my abdominal pain in the last two years, each time I have been given the above medication for IBS.

Horse.

Have you only been having the wind and diarrhoea since you started taking the omeprazole? I've just looked up their side effects, and the commonest ones are gut disturbances. I know it sounds a bit ironic as you're taking them in case you've got a stomach ulcer.

It could also be IBS, as this can cause all sorts of gut problems, but try thinking back to when the symptoms started, as this might be helpful.

Thanks for your replys I had the pressure under my ribs and pains in my left side before I started taking the tablets but only the bowel movements have changed since...
    Its the pressure under my ribs and stabbing pain which feels like its in my bowel now that is making me worried.
    I have not been getting pain in my actual stomach its more all left sided under my ribs xx

My pain has been below right ribs on a daily basis.

It does state that you can get pain below left or right or both ribs. Also, many sufferers on here suffer with pain below either or both ribs as a symptom of IBS/Anxiety.

So hopefully its just ibs ?? Do you not suffer with the pressure it feels like there is something under my ribs pushing them out and some times the pain travels to my chest like in bubbelsm

Thanks for the replys your really helping to put my mind at ease..... I don't dare take anything for the pain cause I'm not sure what pain killers I can take with thhe omeprazole x

Hey Kayleigh,

Yes I have IBS and it feels just like you are describing, tucked up under my ribs, usually left side but sometimes right too. I very rarely get pain in my actual stomach, always just under ribs, in my side (like stitch) and lower abdominal (ovary area).

K xx

thanks kah thats very reasurring :0) mine never lets up though its always there and so uncomfortable at night sometimes feels like my ribs are tucked under each other lol x

Quote Originally Posted by kayleigh View Post
    thanks kah thats very reasurring :0) mine never lets up though its always there and so uncomfortable at night sometimes feels like my ribs are tucked under each other lol x
    Mine comes and goes but some days it's been there all day. Have you tried any meds for it, my GP gave me Mebeverine (which didn't work for me) and I've had Colpermin as well which seems to help.

K x

no ive told the doctor a few times he just fobbed me off wasnt to bothered think i might go back tommorow and make him listen...
    its so uncomfortable especially tring to sleep at night i can never get comfortable x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information