Thread: please help

please help

this isn't really about ibs, but i am so scared that i need to post this. i went to the emergency room last night for severe digestive problems of chronic indigestion, nausea and vomiting. they did blood tests, urine screen, ultrasound and contrast CT scan an found nothing. they said that i probably have a stomach virus, but i am so sick and have never had symptoms like this before. it feels like my stomach has been poisoned. unless someone cancels, my gastroenterologist can't see me until next Tuesday, and i am afraid that i might die before then. i am sorry about this rambling message, but i am paralyzed by fear.

Re: please help

My first thought was acid reflux/excess acid.

How long has it been going on for?

x

thanks for the reply, and i am sorry about how over the edge my previous post was; my health anxiety definitely took over. i have had IBS for over 10 years and sometimes forget that the stomach is affected by it too. i have heard liquid sloshing around in my stomach before, but never this bad. thankfully, the nausea and indigestion/belching have calmed down, but i still feel somewhat nauseous when i get out of bed, but that could also be from caffeine withdrawal since i am a longtime heavy coffee but haven't had any since these stomach issues started about a week ago. other than occasional burning or gnawing pain in the left side of my abdomen, i don't have pain. i am trying to stay positive and grateful that all of my tests so far have been negative. when i see my GI doctor on Tuesday, i am going to ask her about gastritis since a lot of my symptoms point to that.

Hi Coleen, i also have stomach problems as indicators of my anxiety levels. It was very bad before
    And i could be at the toilet doezens of times a day...

Thread Information