Hi Starry,

Same thing has been happening to me recently, thats why I googled it and came across yr question. For me, the memories are of good old times about 20 years ago!! They start off happy then inside I feel sad that its gone and I begin to miss it, and long to be there again and wished I could have relived it differently as some memories I remember then become what I missed out on, which turns my sadness into mild panic cos of wanting to change past but can't! The only thing I can put it down to is feelings of regret which makes me feel even more sad and powerless. I guess reason I must be looking back in my past is because I'm not happy in my life now or I need closure for that time in my life, which centres around one person in particular who made me feel wanted. So I guess my issue is at the moment I don't feel wanted. Getting closure may not be possible in real life with that person but I think I could talk to a friend who could act that person out, and in a way counsel myself away from them. I am a Christian as well, so I believe that our thoughts can be tormented purposely to rob us of today and joy, and I also believe that we can develop soul ties with people we have emotional connection with, and if no longer good connection then it can and should be severed by the powerful cross of Jesus. I'm going to pray about my memories as memories are only good if they are not so persistent and troublesome. Hope my situation might help u to find what u need to do to get free from this torment... Jesus heals every area of our life, even our past. Don't go into any past life regression stuff as that is a complete lie, and any relief will only bring more bondage elsewhere.