Thread: AWFUL toothache, think I need a filling but can't do anything until Monday :O

Unhappy AWFUL toothache, think I need a filling but can't do anything until Monday :O

It's only just come on badly today, it's a lower double tooth and my god it's AGONY.
    I've taken some pain killers to no avail, nhs direct suggested the same, tried warm salt water which didn't work really.
    It's awful, I'm sure it is a hole in need of a filling, and it's right down at the nerve I'm sure and my jaws killing as well

On top of all this I HATE dentists and I've never had a filling in my life, even though I'm almost 21!!
    Dreading work tomorrow now, I can barely sit here without being in pain, no idea how I'll cope at work.

Re: AWFUL toothache, think I need a filling but can't do anything until Monday :O

are you on strong painkillers? if not go get some off your doctor and they should really help with the pain.

Also you could ask for some medication to calm you down at the dentists.

you don't have a choice but to go the dentist :( the fear is much worse than the actual experience x

Re: AWFUL toothache, think I need a filling but can't do anything until Monday :O

I got some cocodamol yesterday, it seems to be doing the job. Still abit sensitive but I can eat on the other side which is the main thing, nothing worse seeing as my appetite just came back after coming off sertraline and then I get bloody toothache

I'm wondering though it could be something else other than the need for a filling, I've never had/needed one badly but it came on so suddenly that it just doesn't seem right?

Sorry but tooth pain means the nerve is exposed so you need a filling.
    If the pain suddenly stops then the nerve is dead but at risk for infection so then you'll end up needing a root canal, which is like a filling but takes slightly longer.

I've had so much work done on my teeth but I'm still scared of going to the dentist.
    Honestly it only takes about 5 minutes of actually sitting in the chair to get a filling.

they use a small drill with water, then a slightly bigger one which you will feel the vibrations of, the nurse will use the suction thing to soak up all the excess liquid.

Then the dentist will put something that feels tight around the tooth, then she will fill it and your done

The best part is when it's over you will feel so much relief and you'll realize even though it was uncomfortable the wost part was the anxiety x

Thanks for that, I really hope it's not bad! The waiting's definitely the worst, especially because it's an emergency appointment I'll have no set time so it's a case of go there and wait

Thread Information