Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disability Living Allowance for Panic and Anxiety Disorders?

Disability Living Allowance for Panic and Anxiety Disorders?

Hi guys. Just wondering if it's possible to claim for this. At the moment from what my doctors are saying I 'may' be one of the unlucky few who are never fully cured.

I currently have PTSD that's comorbid with Depression. I can't leave the house without being in a car(so having my mum drive as I don't for example) and I'd leave to go to familiar places such as Doctors appointments.

I was on ESA and couldn't make it to assessment due to my anxiety and looks like they've taken my benefits away. So my mother is supporting me for the moment.

Any help and advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Re: Disability Living Allowance for Panic and Anxiety Disorders?

Hi Mark

I have included a link to a recent post about DLA, unfortunately it looks like it might be difficult to claim this benefit.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthr...&highlight=DLA

Nothing ventured nothing gained however, perhaps get some advice from the CAB as well.

Good luck

From my experience it is extremely difficult but its worth a try. Good luck and don't be afraid to ask for helpx

Thanks you very much for the info All I can do is try as I'm struggling to live at the moment.

I'll also ask my GP, Psychiatrist and Clinical Psychologist to provide some evidence etc.

Be prepared to fight hard - its crazy coz the stress adds to your issues. I have sick notes going back to last september but still no money. If you are up to it i have sent very informative letters to 10 Downing Street. I am so annoyed at how anxiety is treated.

Please shout if I can help at allx

I'll keep you all updated on how I'm doing. I'm also having trouble eating at the moment and that isn't helping as my poor mother is worried sick for me.

i tried but if you can walk unaided, i think its unlikely. Definitely worth a try though. I think for some people it is essential. For instance, technically i can walk unaided, however i cannot travel anywhere alone and i get very unsteady. They still said no and the form take 3 weeks to fill in!!!

Oh dear more I read the more it looks like it won't happen. It's not as if we're trying to scam the state. I'd never go through all the horror I've went through in the past trying to get benefits, you wonder if it's even worth the stress until the bills start coming through :(

Hi I have just been awarded dla for my son age 13 as he has ptsd and anxiety and depression.
    I was very surprised they gave us the highest rate for the care part and low for the mobility.
    I think it is very important how you fill the forms out maybe you could get some help doing this.
    Also my son has a worker from mst and a psychiatrist and maybe you get this benefit by what these people write
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by gxyslcuq View Post
    Thanks you very much for the info All I can do is try as I'm struggling to live at the moment.

I'll also ask my GP, Psychiatrist and Clinical Psychologist to provide some evidence etc.
    Do you have a CPN/key worker? If not, I would ask your psychiatrist rather than your GP for a referral RE: DLA. They should be able to refer you to someone who can fill out the forms for you. I wouldn't recommend filling them out yourself as they can be complicated. A diagnosed Anxiety/Panic Disorder is considered to be a form of mental illness. I definitely think you sound like you're entitled to DLA. Plus, you need to get your ESA reinstated, the psychiatric team should be able to help you with this as well, it's part of their job. They may even have a dedicated Mental Health Welfare Rights Officer.

Good Luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information