Thread: Does this sound like ibs?

Does this sound like ibs?

So since Christmas I've had on/off a pain in my left chest. It is round about where my bra band sits and feels like a filling up or squeezing sensation.

Sometimes it goes right across my chest. Again in line with my bra band. Sometimes it's just on both sides.

I have a phobia about my heart ad the majority of you will know so I always worry about this first And foremost but I gave been in some pain with it again tonight and I'm at a loss as to what it is.

I am a bit 'bunged up' at the moment at I'm pregnant and my digestive system has slowed down an awful lot so have a lit if trapped wind.

I just don't know what to do though as the pain is quite bad and uncomfortable.

Sometimes when the pain is bad it can go up into my armpits.

So really, can you get ibs etc so high up? Just under your ribs under your breasts?
    Last edited by dodo; 06-02-11 at 23:37.

Re: Does this sound like ibs?

I would have said it was more indigestion than IBS to be honest.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Well I was up a lot of the night in pain. My mind was racing with thoughts of pancreas, liver or stomach cancer etc.

The pain sometimes goes away for s couple of minutes and then comes back again like a cramping and spasming.

It does sound like indegestion I get the exact same symptoms have you taken anything like gaviscon? Also pregnancy can make indegestion worse an more frequent! I had it daily when I was pregnant with my last son xxx

I had four renee in the night but they did nothing for it. It's the spasm and cramping type pain that's the worst. I didn't think you got that with indigestion.

Thread Information