Thread: Mertazapine.

Mertazapine.

Hi,last month my psychiatrist change my meds over to pregabalin and Mirtazapine,i feel wierd and numb,sometimes i feel im walking on foam,if that makes sense..is this normal? i dont see her again till, next month,im on 75mg twice daily of pregabalin and 15mg mert..one min im ok then the next im a nervous wreck,i was previously on Duloxetine 60 mg for about 20 months but id to tapered it down for 1 week and stop,so the Duloxetine has now been stopped for about 3 weeks..i feel so numb,does anyone know if this is a side effect?

Re: Mertazapine.

Youre bound to be feeling iffy after coming off one AD then going onto another two. Hopefully you're over the worst of it now and you should start to feel the benefits of the new drugs. You could always pop in to see your GP and ask them for advice.

Hi,

I'm on 30mg Mirtazipine daily and the only weird side-effect I had was after taking it for the first time before bed, in the morning I felt like I was drunk! I was dizzy, nauseaus and generally felt strange. It got better after taking it for a few days though. I would say give it a few days to settle down and if it's the same pop to see your GP.

K xx

Hi thanks for your replies..im doing CBT and not allowed to seek advice from him,anyway he wont really know as it was him who referred me to the psychiatrist to get my meds sorted out..will i just put up with it till March? oh i dont know,its blooming awful aint it? Im also eating like a pig!!! my stomach/ribs/back are sore,could this be the over eating? ive never ate like this before, i dont care what i shove in my mouth,my body must be in shock with the junk...

Quote Originally Posted by sandy40 View Post
    Hi thanks for your replies..im doing CBT and not allowed to seek advice from him,anyway he wont really know as it was him who referred me to the psychiatrist to get my meds sorted out..will i just put up with it till March? oh i dont know,its blooming awful aint it? Im also eating like a pig!!! my stomach/ribs/back are sore,could this be the over eating? ive never ate like this before, i dont care what i shove in my mouth,my body must be in shock with the junk...
    That's really strange because I'm suffering at the moment with pain under ribs, abdominal and last few days my back's been hurting too!!! Mind you I've been off my food because of the anxiety so it's not from over-eating but yes I was like that at first too!!!

My pain is lower back,iwonder if its IBS? i had a colonoscopy in November and it was clear,except they said my colon contracts really fast,wonder if im having a flare-up? the last years days my bowel movements have been loose and ive been going more..today they are more formed ..sorry for the graphic detail.

Thread Information