Thread: Back From Docs

Back From Docs

Hi All,

I went to the doctors yesterday and told her that i felt, Out of breath all the time, Always taking deep breaths and thinking of breathing etc.

She made me blow into a tube and then looked at her and sort of noded her head.

She then got the stethoscope out and looked at my breathing.

After this she just asked me some questions in which i answered and said i had 'hit the nail on the head' when i said about OCD and anxiety.

She said my chest was fine. I was just wondering if you could answer these questions please!

1. If they put the stethoscope on your back and say my chest and breathing is fine. Does that mean that i have no other disease aka Cancer etc?

2. It seems to be whenever i walk i feel out of breath!. Like in school. I wasnt thinking about breathing standing and talking then i went downstairs and i felt well out of breath and it came back to me again?

I also had though that when i was breathing i was fine when someone was telling a very good joke and i was in hysterics for half way to my class and was ok until i got in again and sat down. Lol.

If you could answer both of them then thank you!

Thanks alot for all your help,

Jono

if the doctor thought for one minute you had anything like cancer you would be rushed into hospital, so just accept its anxiety making u fell that way

hey jono, frankie is right even though listening to your chest wouldnt tell if youd cancer, other signs would be apparent to your doc that would alert him or her to cancer. you must believe in your doctors ability to know the difference between anxiety and cancer. i know this is hard as i struggle with that trust thing.

seconly i think you get out of breath easily when walking because that is when you are most afraid of your breathing. your mind is a horrible thing sometimes and i know all of us would admitt that you get the symptoms you fear within time. yet we have all been told it is just anxiety and you have just been told that too. i know you say that you are not thinking of it when it comes but if you are being honest it is always there in the back of your mind.

i really hope this helps. many of us have these horrible symptoms every day so you are not alone

jackie

Thread Information