Thread: Feeling the urge to wee all the time

Unhappy Feeling the urge to wee all the time

Hiya all, for the last three weeks on and off I've been getting the pressure to wee all the time. Its worse when am sitting down. I've got no pain when passing water and have not been drinking more than usual, just have the urge most of the time. I could go the toilet and withing 10 mins the urge is there again. Could this be anxiety related and has anyone suffered from this please?
    y much xxx
    Thanks ver

Re: Feeling the urge to wee all the time

Have you checked it is not mild cystitis? You don't have to have pain to have cystitis and you can get this checked with a dip test at your docs?

Otherwise, yes. Anxiety can make you need to urinate. Cut out caffeine, fizzy drinks and alcohol and see if that helps. If this continues for a couple of weeks, go see a doctor.

Hiya, I was actually going to see my Dr tomorrow and take a urine sample. I have had UTI's in the past and usually am in pain so (weird as it seems haha) am more worried because I haven't had any pain. Its the pressure that I get which is getting me down! You start worrying that its something else! Thanks for your reply. Even sometimes when I don't think am anxious I still get symptoms of it as I've suffered depression for nearly 9 years now. Thanks again, Pauline

I was going to suggest cystitis as well

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Anxiety can cause frequency. I had 3 tests for UTI bacteria last year and they were all negative. It only calmed down when I was prescribed Propranolol, which helped my anxiety.

Hope you fell better soon.

My sister had months of this last year ... she has had problems with cystitis in the past ... anyway, all her samples were negative, she had loads of antibiotics, saw a urologist etc etc then she went on antidepressants and, hey presto, she hasn't mentioned it since!!! Anxiety can cause frequency and the more we go to the loo the more we need to go as the bladder reacts accordingly. Hope you get on OK at the doctors and that he can put your mind at rest. x

Thread Information