Thread: Paranoid After Hitting My Head

Paranoid After Hitting My Head

Hey All,

I hit my head last Monday (7th Feb) and I am still paranoid I have internal bleeding or something severely wrong with my head.

It happened at night on the dry ski slopes, I was waiting to grab on to a ski lift pole and didn't realise one was coming up right behind me, when I turned to look the pole banged into the side of my head. It was sore but I didn't black out or faint. I guess I was just shocked and paranoid after.

Now, a week later, I still get a sharp pain that lasts for about 30 seconds int he area where I was hit. It comes and goes throughout the day, I haven't been sick or fainted. I'm just really REALLY paranoid it's not right. So much so, I make myself feel nausious thinking about it and this makes me think that it's to do with the injury.

Please let me know if anyone has had a head pain for a while after banging your head. I am in constant worry and the Doc says it's ok last week.

:(

Re: Paranoid After Hitting My Head

If you bang your head its no different than any other part of your body .You will be bruised ..So what you are feeling now is down to the bruising .The nausea is anxiety .the bruise will heal with time ,its common to feel slight pain with bruising to the head .So stop getting yourself all worked up .If you had anything like you are worrying about you would have more serious symptoms .believe me .T/c Sue x

hi my neighbour once banged her head a few weeks ago and bruised her head and couldn't get rid of her headache for days x she is still here x x

I've really whacked my head a number of times in my life - I stood on the handle of a rake when I was about 8, got hit by the brass handle of a swing door at grammar school, had a motorbike accident when I was 17 and have nearly knocked my own lights out a number of times with things like cupboard doors. Guess I must just have a thick skull.

Thanks for all your messages

I guess it is the pain that worries me and then I get paranoid over my vision. I have just done the worst thing and googled Natasha Richardson's ski accident and how she died shortly after :S

If it's been at least a week since the 'accident' do you think I'm okay or is there still a chance?

are you getting headaches or is it just tender to touch?

Thread Information