Thread: 3 weeks into cipralex

3 weeks into cipralex

3 weeks into Cipralex and my anxiety has got worse and I'm really tired all the time I'm also still depressed, my question is this normal side effects even at 3 weeks?

Re: 3 weeks into cipralex

Hi

I'm am at just over 3 weeks and have improved from what I was, am less anxious for the most part. I am not sleeping well and still have a strange appetite but my doc has said both of these should get better over time (didn't say how much time!).

You haven't stated what dosage you are on, i was on 5mg for first 11 days and since at 10mg. If you are on a low dosage i guess it will take a longer time to work.

If you aren't feeling any improvement whatsoever, I would go back and have a chat with your doctor, maybe it isn't enough time for you (everyone is different) or dosage not quite right.

Don't give up, read Anxious-In Canada and Panics posts, they have both done a really good diary, you will see that it took quite a while for the benefits to be felt.

x

hi pushon sorry you are feeling rough just now give it time ? it took me 4 or 5 five weeks to strt to feel the benifits ? and now if i dont eat much or get enough sleep i start to feel rough so that is the keyb to feeling better and also some exercise and keeping your mind occupied hope you feel better soon take care speak soon be strong you can do it go out for a walk or something it will make you feel better ? i promise you ? xx

Hi Pushon,

I have found the that these meds work in a gradual progression, and take time to work. If you don't see any progress at all then I would take SMB suggestion and talk to your doc.

It may be better to get another person's opinion (that has been around for the last few weeks) and ask their opinion on if they have seen a difference. I had felt like there wasn't much progression at first but my wife had an opinion to the contrary saying she thought I was bettter than before ...

Hang in there, you can get through this, talk with people and try to find stuff that well help ease this time for you.

hi pushon, it took me nearly 6 to 8 weeks for me to feel the benifit also, and boy was i rough ......it was a scary time for me at 1 point i thought they were making me worse but then all of a sudden i started to feel better on them. im so glad i pushed on through u will be fine hun the tablets are just trying to find there way thats all be strong, cipralex are an indirect drug which means they take time to build up, i believe 6-8 weeks is the max for most people to start to notice a huge difference your gona be just fine .
    take care lisa x

Thread Information