Thread: trying to take deep breaths and cant

trying to take deep breaths and cant

hi sorry all for posting again.
    this isnt but is making me anxious i had come to accept it was anxiety untill i googled big bad idea.

ok basically i constantly try to take deep breaths wel i actually feel like i need to its a regular thing thing s when i do it i cant actually take a deep breath it goes heavy then after the first failed attempt i keep trying till i eventually get some air in if that makes sense.

i no im brething fine untill this feeling happens so im sure its anxiety but just wondered best approach to it.
    my chest feels heavy when ts happening x
    thank you in advance

Re: trying to take deep breaths and cant

and i yawn alot and kinda hold my breath when i yawn really hope this makes sense and cough to get air been happeing a while like as in at least a week

Hi,
    I get this too, I often feel as if I can't get enough air into my lungs and it feels like there's a weight on my chest, it only seems to happen when I'm very stressed (i.e. from being anxious!). Try not to worry hon, I'm sure it's just an anxiety symptom x

yeah im 99 per cent sure is anxiety untill curiosity and i googled bloody google shouldbe banned lol fetched up alot of things like asthma etc or heart all of which i dont have seen as how i manage to walk every day xx

I thought this might help.....

I have posted this advice before from the great Dr Weekes......A good exercise to stop rapid shallow breathing: lie flat on the floor or bed, bend knees and bring legs close to your body, keeping feet flat on the ground. Then place arms across chest, right hand grasping left shoulder, left hand grasping right shoulder. This produces abdominal breathing'.

The feeling that you can't breathe is caused by chest muscles tightening due to anxiety...Dr Weekes also says 'do not let it frighten you. Breathe as shallowly as you feel you must, but donot be concerned with what will happen because you breathe this way. Your respiritory centre will see that you inspire enough air, despite your effort to hinder it'.

Veronicax

I find I am like this as well, I get out of breath and cant take deep breaths when relaxing or sitting, but when I do exercise or housework, which means I am not thinking about breathing, it goes away and I breath normally.

Just a thought.

Thread Information