Thread: Shouldn't have read the 'Side Effects' bit on omeprazole!

Shouldn't have read the 'Side Effects' bit on omeprazole!

Now I'm convinced I'll be the 1 in 1000 who has the severe reaction, never mind the 1 in 100 that suffers the more common reactions! I always scare myself reading the stupid side effects lists. My head tells me I'm being silly, but at the same time I'm one of the 1 in 100 that has AB- blood type, so it's not that much of a stretch! Also, most of the minor side effects seem to be the same type of symptoms you take it to combat in the first place

Re: Shouldn't have read the 'Side Effects' bit on omeprazole!

I have never had a problem with Omeprazole apart from maybe feeling a little dizzy the first day I take them.

They are very good

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

This can be true with Omeprazole.

One of the most common side effects can be wind, and this appears to the case with me! However, that is the only thing that does affect me as far as side effects. What you have to realise is that Omeprazole is a slow release drug and will only start to work full capacity after about 2 weeks of regular taking.

I am the same in as much as the first thing I do is look up the side effects and this in turn will normally result in me not taking the medication if there is anything I don't like the sound of.

However, don't forget that any side effects are normally quite rare as far as seriousness is concerned and a lot of the times will be far more outweighed by the beneifits of taking them. I know we think that we will be the 1 in 1000 that happens to get this or that particular side effect, but then again instead of thinking 'what if' just think 'so what!'

Horse.

Iv'e been on omeprazole 5yrs for acid reflux never had one side effect from them there usually well tolerated.....

I've been taking 20mg of omeprazole every day for a few years now with no side effects.

I only ever read the "Very common" and "Common" side effects of the patient information leaflet for any medication I take now.

Thread Information