Thread: A slip

A slip

I have been doing pretty well since I had a breakdown in August last year. I have always had high levels of anxiety and though the counselling was diagnosed with Aspergers. I am currently on Cytalopram also for depression. Things had been pretty stable until last night, I cycled home from work, ready to go out for meditation (which has been a massive source of strength and reassurance for me), but I was running late, the house was untidy and my mum had just arrived for a visit. I went to get some bedding for her before leaving and the guest bed jammed in the shut position. I tried to free it and got really wound up, saw that the time was past when I usually leave for meditation and that was it, i had a massive anxiety attack and ended up ditching meditation and shutting myself in my room for the rest of the night. I felt terrible because usually I can distance myself from the anxiety (learned though meditation) and just kind of watch it from outside (if that makes sense) but last night was like a relapse to August when I was at my worst. I feel terrible now and scared that the progress I thought I had made was just a lull.

I am going through a separation from my wife of 13 years at the moment but it's amicable and I am looking forward to having my own place (just about ready to move in), all these positives and then it all comes crashing down because of a jammed bed and an untidy house.

Sorry to unload but I feel really low at the moment

bathtub

Re: A slip

You've had a blip, we all get them. Just when you think all is going well something comes and hits you when you're not looking.
    Probably the best thing to do is try not to dwell on it and try again to get things back to how they were, one step at a time. It might not be the easiest thing to do but think how you were before and aim for that.
    If you need any help, see your doc

Thread Information