Thread: Hi, First post...

Hi, First post...

Hello, I am 51 years old and have suffered with anxiety and had bouts of depression for a few years.
    Currently due to an accumulative effect of lots of life problems I am going through a period of acute anxiety,but something I have not experienced before are nocturnal panic attacks which are making me feel worse.
    I have a constant dry mouth and the lump in throat feelin,knotted stomach, constant need to swallow,tight chest etc etc
    My Dr started me on Citalopram but the side effects were horrible so I had to stop them.
    I can't work at the moment as I work in the Medical profession and I lost concentration and confidence.
    I dread going to bed at night as the panics at night seem so much worse and its a double edged sword because I feel panicky about bed time it make things 10 x worse.
    Any advice would be most gratefully received.
    Thanks x

Hi lizzie1960

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Re: Hi, First post...

Hi Lizzie Have you been back to your doc? While you had a bad experience with citalopram, there are other drugs that can be tried. If you don't want to go down that route, maybe you could ask about other kinds of help - counselling or CBT or something. You'll get lots of support on NMP anyway - and do have a read of the articles on the left of the page xx

She said, I'm tired of the war
    I want the kind of work I had before

hey lizzie, welcome, I am currently on another round of citalopram, I have to agree with Jane, there are other options, go back to your Gp and look at alternatives to the citalopram. The feelings you are getting are all part of the anxiety/panic loop, have a good look around the forums and you will see that you are never alone. Take care my dear and look forward to seeing you around x

Hi Lizzie, its good to have you with us, youre not alone. Take some time to have a look around the different threads. x

Hi and welcome to NMP
    Paige x

Hi lizzie1960

welcome to no more panic x

Thread Information